Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cheap Xbox Live Points with Account (Not what you think!)

• 07-07-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Point me to another thread if this has already been asked but does anyone have know how you can get an account preloaded with 4000/8000/16000 points on ebay for next to nothing compared to points alone? I googled it and found sellers/resellers other than ebay but don't know how they're so cheap!

I've created American accounts before to use the respective points and so long as I don't buy avatar gear the stuff is available to everyone, plus I'd use the accounts for mates when playing MW2 splitscreen :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 snoopeasystreet

I'm not sure either. I presume they're hacked accounts that the ebayer is then selling on. If they're hacked accounts, I have no interest in buying them but I noticed that they're being sold from poland so it's perhaps something similar to g2play.net where they get the points for way cheaper over there.

Has anyone bought one before? If so, what was your experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

They are dirt cheap because its theft.You see these sellers would get account passwords with credit cards attached to them.they would then buy points using another person credit card and give it to you.

its dodgy at best to do it this way.The items you buy will be attached to your xbox,so lets say your xbox rrod.You wont be able to get these games back

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bomber6

It seems dodgy, but the seller I'm looking at has 100% feedback over a few thousand sales, a lot of them being similar items.
    Plus if the xbox RROD I know I can transfer the license at least. Don't want to support theft at all though
    Google hasn't been much help suprisingly?

Well I chanced my arm. Give it a week and I'll post my findings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

You wont be able to attach them to another console.you see,since it is a dodgy thing,the account you will be given will be banned soon after you spend your points.You need the account to re download them on another console but since it will be banned,you wont be able to re use the account

• Advertisement

Oh...didn't think of that. Hopefully Paypal should be of some help if it does get banned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I bought an account with 10k points on an account for €25 awhile back.

Worked perfectly have a good few games downloaded and the account is deleted off my HDD.

I know they won't work on a new console but I know there's games ill re-buy if I get a new console. It's good for playing full games and not feeling cheated it wasn't worth the full price..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Have a link to this seller mate?

Sellers name is marknetworkcom. Search the community part of eBay or do a search for 16000 Microsoft points in completed listings. Seems good so far. Changed the registered email address and password so no1 can access it now other than myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

dazftw wrote: »
    I know they won't work on a new console but I know there's games ill re-buy if I get a new console. It's good for playing full games and not feeling cheated it wasn't worth the full price..

Or not feeling cheated the way someone who's account was hacked would feel. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Or not feeling cheated the way someone who's account was hacked would feel. :p

Its a new account its something to do with a fake credit card... The guy told me the credit will stop working in 7 days. The account had no gamerscore and was silver.

tbf I wouldn't buy it if I knew it was someones account.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

I just checked the billing Information. There was an American express card on file. I deleted it naturally and hope its not stolen. I will wait til 7 days are up and see what happens. I wouldn't mind fake but not stolen. Like dazftw my account was a new silver account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

The account might not be hacked but the credit card number more than likely is stolen in that case. There's no such thing as a 'fake' credit card. Credit cards won't work unless they have a name and number that matches a real card. So you're either using stolen account information or stolen credit card information.

Advertisement