Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Map Pack 4 goes live today

Options
  • 07-07-2010 12:46pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://twitter.com/zh1nt0/status/17941837823

Unlike the previous packs which just added more modes to squad rush and SQDM, this adds more conquest and rush variants, such as conquest Nelson Bay, and conquest Port Valdez.

As always no new real maps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

how the fk can it be a map pack without any new maps?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sc@recrow wrote: »

Since when has marketing ever been restrained by truth or logic?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

LMAO....this map pack is about as useful as a chocolate TEAPOT :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I pity the poor console saps who have to pay for this..

basically we enabled conquest and rush on 2 maps we couldn't bother to do in the first place so we could screw ye out of more money..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I pity the poor console saps who have to pay for this..

basically we enabled conquest and rush on 2 maps we couldn't bother to do in the first place so we could screw ye out of more money..

It's free for the console players too. And there's also Atacama Rush in there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Just gone live and have just tried Port Valdez which I almost hadn't played since the beta.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ponster wrote: »
    Just gone live and have just tried Port Valdez which I almost hadn't played since the beta.

atacama desert RUSH has now become my new favorite map !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

We are never getting a real map pack, confirmed by the Dice Community Manager. Paid expansion pack is how we get new maps.

Very interesting post though and i commend the guy on the quick response and being mostly honest :p (check out the G3 answer, laughable).

Dice community manager answers a lot of pertinent questions on the official forum

Is this a DL, coz my BFBC2 has not updated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

It does not need to download since the maps are already in the game but they get unlocked over time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Spear wrote: »
    this adds more conquest and rush variants, such as conquest Nelson Bay, and conquest Port Valdez.

Bah! You got my hopes up - thought there would be 2 new conquest options.

Atacama Desert [rush] along with Port Valdez [conquest] seem to be the only new variants.

Fnz wrote: »
    Bah! You got my hopes up - thought there would be 2 new conquest options.

Atacama Desert [rush] along with Port Valdez [conquest] seem to be the only new variants.

Sorry, I was a little early with that. Nelson Bay conquest, and White Pass rush are the next pack. Pics here though

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1208891-leaked-pictures-article-new-game-modes-must-see.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LMAO....this map pack is about as useful as a chocolate TEAPOT :rolleyes:

I like the idea of a chocolate teapot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ponster wrote: »
    atacama desert RUSH has now become my new favorite map !!!

I'm hoping to get a go on this tonight. I play Atacama conquest all the time, but most of the clan are into Rush (which I'm fairly impartial to). Atacama rush, best of both?

I like the idea of a chocolate teapot :)

Then you would love my ashtray for a motorbike.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 FJFF

Atacama rush is pretty sweet.

Advertisement