Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EKEN M003

• 07-07-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I want to buy a tablet Pc for web surfing EKEN M003 and wonder if anybody know if the o2 Usb internet connection would work.

It will run with google Android 1.6

Any advices are welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

it will all be down to whether or not you can get drivers for your O2 usb.

You might have better luck on some Android forum.

edit: O2 does have some android phones so its possible they might have some drivers for this or they atleast will be able to advise you whether it will work or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭RogerThis

You could buy a Mifi. http://cgi.ebay.ie/Unlocked-HUAWEI-MiFi-i-Mo-E5830-E5-Router-iPad-etc-/190414090560?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhones&hash=item2c55907140

Shop around for a better price.

You move your sim into the the mifi, and connect it your android device over wifi.

I use this on my android phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

very good Idea, I will try this and will let you know.

With the mifi, you are limited to connecting 5 PC's to the wireless at a time. So it makes it 5 times better than the standard sim usb. It has a internal battery that lasts about 5 hours.

do you know any other ones, brand ?

do I search for "sim router" ?

Sebastien

• Advertisement

A sim router is different than a mifi. A mifi is portable and you can bring it anywhere. A sim router is a stationary device that would be left plugged in, in your house the whole time.

Thanks, I understand now.

So for my tablet PC I need the mifi which I intend to use while traveling.

The sim router is more for home or any fixed place.

Thanks again.

No problem, here to help!

Advertisement