Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMPTY shop at apartment block fire risk

Options
  • 07-07-2010 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

I Pass this apartment block in the city centre .Theres an old shop shuttered up ,beside the shop front ground floor theres a empty space 5x5ft x 2ft deep.Theres a large hole 2ftx2 ft in the wood there.Underneath theres always newspapers ,cans ,rubbish.at the other side of the shop theres a wall with 3 window panes ,2 of these windows are broken for 4 weeks at least ,leading to a small hallway with a door.This is a fire risk .Window is 4ftx 4 ft in size.
    Who can i call to report this situation, dublin corporation? .I,M afraid there will be a fire there in future.IT looks like a private apartment block.
    MY friend lives near the shop ,about 30 yards away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Are you a qualified fire officer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

NO i,m not a fire officer ,it seems risky to me to have 2 broken windows right beside the public path at ground level.The glass is almost completely gone,anyone could jump inside the building.
    I,d,ont know if the hall, is part of the shop,or some maintenance storage ,area of the apartment block.THE Building is 4 years old.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Call the council's environmental health officer. They will pay a visit and decide on an appropriate course of action (which will depend on a number of factors).

Advertisement