Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good PHP forum?

Options
  • 07-07-2010 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, does anyone have a recommendation for a good PHP forum, friendly to n00bies like me? I'm in a new junior programmer job here in Germany and it's all javascript/PHP/mySQL stuff. I am no expert in this stuff and want somewhere to ask stupid questions in confidence lol. Cheers! I was hired based on it being more frontend, but it seems I'll need to get a good understanding of the backend too, to be able to do this job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

here?

remember... "there's no such thing as a stupid question just stupid people" - Herbert Garrison

in all seriousness though what's wrong with here?

there's also www.stackoverflow.com as well which is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Here works for me, if it's got a decent contingent of PHPers posting. I'll try boards for a while then and see how I go ;) thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

While here is good, i find the forums of said php software are excellent also, like they are the ones people will run to with php errors, questions, fixes etc.

Great place to learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I usually hit php.net or google if I get stuck... though I often end up on stackoverflow via google.

Also came across:
    http://forums.devshed.com/php-development-5/
    ...which seems pretty active.

Advertisement