Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric guitar repair

Options
  • 07-07-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Just noticed one of my electric guitar's pick-ups isn't working. Anyone recommend a reputable repair shop in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Guitareaxe

Phone book, guitar shops, call them all in city center, tell them the problem and ask for a quote, find best offer, get it repaired.

Or

If you have studied even basic technology In secondary school with some experience using a soldering Iron I would recommend you just repair it yourself.
    Just open it up, problems usually obvious and staring you in the face, like a wire has come away from the solder or something like that, save yourself the cash and fix it yourself.

If your totally un tech savvy then make sure you get the best price by calling around different shops.

I have had too many bad experiences getting guitars wired with Waltons, so cant recommend them personally.
    I've just done it myself since then so dont' know whos good these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I have to agree with GA. It's probably just a loose wire. Buy some flux and solder it back where it came from. It's really really easy to do. There are probably hundreds of youtube vids explaining exactly how to go about it.

Advertisement