Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballincollig new fast food restauraunt in old Chartbusters unit

Options
  • 07-07-2010 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

I recently spotted a planning application for a change of use of the old Chartbusters video shop in Ballincollig from retail to fast food use. Now its a pretty big unit so I'm wondering if one of the big players (Mcdonalds, Abrakebra or Burger King) might be opening in the town.

Anyone got any info? The town is full of takeaways anyway but none of the big chains (other than Dinos) have opened there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

I think there was a previous planning app to turn the whole ground floor of the building into a fast food unit and as far as I know it was for Donatello's Pizza - www.donatellos.ie

You could probably find the previous app on the planning section of www.corkcoco.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I doubt McDonalds would pick there, the natural home for McDonalds is on the Link road by the Fire station. Perfect for a Drive Thru after the kids adventure place (Not that I have kids to know!).

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Just what Ballincollig needs, another low end retail idea to drag the place down! Now we just need a few discount stores to fill the empty units in the shopping centre and we'll be sorted, noone will ever come near the town again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nolo1

Just saw a new discount shop opposite the Plaza cinema today!!

Advertisement