Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WPP1 - Placement trying to get me to sign a contract?

Options
  • 07-07-2010 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I've been working on the WPP1 for about 2 1/2 months now. Today my boss hands me a contract stipulating loads of terms and conditions of my "employment" to the company.

Do I have to sign this considering that Fás states that I am "not an employee of Fás or the company providing the placement."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

tell the boss that you can abide by the general rules of the place (common courtsey) however you are not an employee other than that start demanding wages

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I've been working on the WPP1 for about 2 1/2 months now. Today my boss hands me a contract stipulating loads of terms and conditions of my "employment" to the company.
    Does it mention payment? See if it does. Get them to confirm that you'll be getting paid, and sign it. Who knows, the employer may see you as a keeper?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

IMHO WPP folks should sign a contract which states roles/responsibilities etc. If nothing else than making sure that they're covered by the Employer's Liability insurance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,506 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Their insurance is covered by the college if they are at one, presumably FAS if they are with FAS. You should check with your Work Experience co-ordinator at FAS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭clarelad

Anyone know does the company receive some sort of grant for taking on WPPs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,506 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There may be variations in the system, but I have never heard of grants.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭28064212

clarelad wrote: »
    Anyone know does the company receive some sort of grant for taking on WPPs?
    They definitely don't

Do I have to sign this considering that Fás states that I am "not an employee of Fás or the company providing the placement."
    You are not an employee, you do not have to sign anything, you can leave at any time. The flip-side is that the employer can end the placement at any time and for any reason. Tell them if they want you to sign an employment contract, make you an employee. The only thing I would consider signing is a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) i.e. you won't reveal certain information about the company to outside parties

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement