Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoddy Electricial Work

Options
  • 07-07-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Short story is - a brand new investment property I bought 3 years ago is starting to give problems with electricial connections especially from Kitchen to Utility. There are loose wires even hanging down.

Had Electrician looking at it and he says the work is very very shoddy. Prob need to be re-wired in the near future as some of the wires arent strong enough.

The builder is gone bust so there is no come back there - Is there anything I can do or some consumer agency I can contact or will I just have to fork out to get everything up to scratch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

if its a new property then a completion cert should have been issued by the electrical contractor.find out who this was(you or your solicitor should have gotten a copy of cert on completion)is his name on consumer unit?(fuse board) or open meter box and check the name on sealing tag or look for the number on the seal ,where the mains is connected(possibly 3-5 digits).if you find his name try to contact him first to try to rectify problems.if you have no joy contact his electrical association(reci or eccsa).they take reports very serious and will investigate fully.they will require the contractor to be present for site investigation.ask your neighbors if they know the contractor or if they have a cert copy.
    by the way ,what problems have you found?
    let us know how you get on

Advertisement