Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flickr T&C's

• 07-07-2010 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Inspired by this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055961490

Im just wondering has anyone read the flickr terms and conditions? I must admit I havent err:o, and have noticed that some of my stuff has appeared on other websites most recently on a site called "dailytrends.net", there is a discalimer saying

"©2007-2010 DailyTrends.net. Content provided and © by third parties: Yahoo, Google, Flickr, YouTube, Omigli, Twitter, Answers.com and others"

I havent been contacted at all about the images used and was wondering if by signing up to flickr my images are fair game for dailytrends to use? Ive noticed they use a lot of flickr linked stuff .

My concern is more around pictures I actually care about not the ones that are being used? Should I take my "valued" images off flickr? Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere I did search.

Cheers,
    Trev

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Probably and aggregator using the flickr api, turn off the api if you don't want your flickr images accessible through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Cheers found that setting - in fariness the images used link back to my flickr which is sound so I didnt suspect anything sneaky if ya get me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Or edit them in Picnik - the onboard Flickr editor, putting in offensive watermarks ontop of them and 'replacing them for original'.

That'd work too! :D

Hehe mehfesto you evil genius :D .. was more thinking of ya know pics of friends, family etc ended up somewhere and ya had no control over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Hmmm... See what'cha mean now. Maybe if they're personal, just make them viewable to friends & family.

But regarding the legality of it, I'm pretty sure there has to be loopholes somewhere for yahoo etc to use when they want - in return for storing them, etc.

• Advertisement

Yeah I kinda figured that there is something in the T&C's , yeah Im kinda paranoid about kid pics particularly after one of the users here posted up a really bad experience they had:(.

Advertisement