Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

HDMi Question

• 07-07-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have an xbox elite, with a HD Phillips TV. Now currently i am using the red/blue/green cable I got with the xbox.

Sorry if this is a retarded question, but is that a HDMi cable? If not, are the HDMi cables better quality than the one I am currently using? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

yeah the normal hdmi is handier, smaller and better, pick up a cheap one wherever you can, they're vastly overpriced in some cases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The triple connection is called a component cable. It outputs Red, Green and Blue channels, which are then muxed together by your TV to create a colour image to display.

The HDMI cable is the better option, it's smaller, tidier and there's no relying on a TV to do anything except display exactly what's being given to it through the HDMI cable :)

As far as I know, component cables can only do 1080i, and HDMI can do 1080i and 1080p (p is better)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

The triple connection is called a component cable. It outputs Red, Green and Blue channels, which are then muxed together by your TV to create a colour image to display.

The HDMI cable is the better option, it's smaller, tidier and there's no relying on a TV to do anything except display exactly what's being given to it through the HDMI cable :)

As far as I know, component cables can only do 1080i, and HDMI can do 1080i and 1080p (p is better)

Component can do 1080p, its just that not many TVs support it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

mcgovern wrote: »
    Also, if you're using the XBOX as a DVD Player (not sure why, but some do), it doesn't upscale DVDs over Component connections - only via VGA or HDMI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

mcgovern wrote: »

Yep...I use component and have 1080p resolution on mine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement