Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with monitor stands purchase

Options
  • 07-07-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

i've decided to invest in a pair of monitor stands for my bedroom studio to free up space and hopefully improve the sound.

I want height-adjustable, steel stands with shelfs to accommodate my krk rokit 6s

I'm assuming the shelf must be bigger than the actual monitor (?) but I can not find any anywhere.

the three requirements i have are the stands must be; steel , height adjustable and have a shelf bigger than the monitors (23 x 27 cm min)

i've looked everywhere but can't find a single pair so i'm bringing my problem to you guys

hopefully someone can point me it the right direction, cause i've spent the last two nights trawling the net with no luck !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

bingo...
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/millenium_bs500_set.htm

will do the trick no problem.

they don't necessarily have to be wider than your speakers btw. In fact I've never seen a monitor stand that was wider than the actual speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rayhartjnr

cheers man , get them very ones !

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

I have the RP8's and I've been trying to figure out which stands to get for them. Would these work?
    Or would you have any other suggestions?

The shelf on those is 23x23 whereas the base on the RP8's is 26.5x33 so I'm having my doubts about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Have a look at the Ultimate speaker stands.

As I recall they can be filled with sand to kill resonances.

Advertisement