Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for a student loan???

• 07-07-2010 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

well will more than likely be going to ul in a few months,
    will need to get a loan anyway,
    just wondering has anyone any experience of getting one,and if so what bank would you recommend,im thinking around €2500.
    thoughts??
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I'm going to the Ulster Bank anyway. They have some pretty good deals for students and that so if I end up moving to Limerick I'll definitely be getting a loan or an account from there! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

are you planing on going to ul aswel ya...
    if you plan on moving what sort of money do you think will be needed to get ya through the year(drink included);)
    interest rates for ulster bank??
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

coughlan08 wrote: »
    well will more than likely be going to ul in a few months,
    will need to get a loan anyway,
    just wondering has anyone any experience of getting one,and if so what bank would you recommend,im thinking around €2500.
    thoughts??
    thanks

I'm not entirely sure on actual student loans, but I got an interest free overdraft from Ulster Bank. I think you can get up to €1200 in first year, then it increases each year until you finish, all interest free.

As regards an actual loan, I'm not entirely sure of rates/amounts. I've heard Ulster Bank have good deals, but I'm not wholly sure tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

coughlan08 wrote: »
    are you planing on going to ul aswel ya...
    if you plan on moving what sort of money do you think will be needed to get ya through the year(drink included);)
    interest rates for ulster bank??
    thanks

Yup! :D Um I'm not sure...kinda hoping < 100 euro a week would be enough (I smoke too though!)
    Not entirely sure about the rates but the overdraft sounds good and it's low interest for students anyway! Wot do you wanna do in UL?

Advertisement