Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB buy Energia

Options
  • 07-07-2010 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Just saw ESB bought Energia whats does this mean if i have a busy business account with Energia and a domestic with ESB

Will i be still billed by Energia or a new ESB Bill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

They didn't buy Energia.

ESB Group bought NIE, formerly owned by Viridian, who also own Energia, AIUI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 dagpoker.com

sorry this bit on rte
    "The purchase also covers associated businesses which provide electrical construction and maintenance services."
    Made me think it took over Energia too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi Everyone,

If you are looking for some more information on this recent announcement, there is a joint statement from ESB and Viridian here.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi dagpoker,

I just PM'd you there. If there's anything still left unclear I'll be happy to help out.

All the best,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Hi Everyone,

If you are looking for some more information on this recent announcement, there is a joint statement from ESB and Viridian here.

Many thanks
    Chris
    Interesting reading.

One question however, which is not mentioned in the article. Did this transaction require government/ministerial approval, as it was capital expenditure and over €1 billion? If so, when was such approval given.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Max Power1,

We are a Customer Supply forum and this matter is more of a Corporate Strategy issue, but as with all its significant investments, ESB was granted shareholder approval for the NIE transaction.

To keep up to date with our latest news and press releases, you can click here.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement