Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kuota K factor

• 07-07-2010 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

http://www.giantnerd.com/2008-kuota-k-factor-road-bike-professional.html
    Hi all i'm after some advice.
    I have searched the web and this is the best bike for its price on the market i think so i would like to know what you all think before i part with money.
    To get it into the country and pay duty it should coast 1400euro.
    My Cad 3 bike is getting on in years now and i have started club cycling and doing 150-200k a week so do you7 think this bike would do or should i up my spend.
    Any suggestions would be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭gerardduff

Gerryman wrote: »

Wow. Love those Kuota bikes. Lucky you.

I recently heard of this site...paulscycles.co.uk

they have a special deal with Giant...not sure of the details but it means they can offer markdowns like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gerryman

I have calculated the import duty to be about 20% but i have never brought a bike in from America can anyone set me straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Remember than you have to pay both duty and VAT (compounded on top of sale price and shipping) for bikes imported from the US.

More importantly, why would you want a road bike with a 76 degree seat angle?

Thanks for that info Lamen when it comes to bike setup i will be the first to admit i haven't a clue.Have you any advice on what bike i should spend my 1200-1550euros on.

Have you any advice on what bike i should spend my 1200-1550euros on.

There is a fair bit of choice at that price - you should be able to get a decent full carbon frame. Have a search around (bike shops and online) and see what's on offer.

Sterling has gained some ground on the Euro in recent months, so purchasing from the UK (e.g. Planet-X) is not such great value as it was, but there are still good deals around.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that lumen ibut i've searched the web for weeks now and the only other bike that stud out was a comtat.co.uk bike.I have 2 sets of decent wheels so i might buy a frame and group set and get it built up to suit me.Is there anywhere in Ireland that will build a bike to suit me?

I have 2 sets of decent wheels so i might buy a frame and group set and get it built up to suit me.Is there anywhere in Ireland that will build a bike to suit me?

For a frame, I'd consider a Canyon. They were 50% off yesterday, 35% today. See here.

If you're near Dublin I'd get Skeff to build it up for you.

Advertisement