Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lower league discussion - Championship / League1/ League 2/ Gossip/ Rumours thread

• 07-07-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭

I thought I would start a thread for the regularly overlooked lower league fans in Ireland

Obviously it's very tempting to support the big five teams plus Leeds in Ireland, some fans do so for a good reason and some in the shape of the glory hunter most disliked by us ordinary lower league fans.

Its seems Leeds is the only team to get any real kind of coverage from the Irish Media out side the top flight.

Lived here ten years and support Peterborough Utd go to about 6 games a year, any fans of lower leagues clubs out there?

If so
    • Who’s your team and why?
    • How often do you get to games?
    • Favourite player of the Clubs history?
    • Who’s the best player outside the Premiership?

Any transfer gossip welcome

Posh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Newcastle fan but I love watching the Championship. Followed League 1 a little bit seeing as my dad is a Leeds fan... Plus I kinda like Huddersfield but only for the fact that Terry McDermot and Lee Clark are in charge there.

I think if Boro can get a good start under their belts, they've every chance of winning it. Brilliant signing in Kris Boyd and on a free too. A much welcomed addition to the smoggies. Really lacking up front last season.

Cardiff tend to start well but then fall away towards January/February. Ageing squad too and the heartbreak of losing the play off final last year might be a big ask for them to replicate that next season if they're still suffering from "the hangover"

Bristol City may be a good shout to get to the play off's at least. Good manager in Steve Coppell for next season. Brilliant man manager. Not the greatest squad but I think Coppell can give them some good belief and I'm expecting them to do well.

Hull, Pompey and Burnley will all be hoping to bounce back quickly. It'll be hard to see Pompey bouncing back. Hard to know who they can keep in there. May be a lot of youth players coming through for them next season but it's hard to say.

I'll personally be backing Boro to win it provided good results come early.

Also for League 1, I can't see anyone else but Southampton winning it. If they didn't have points deducted at the beginning they would've easily walked that league. Another great manager in Alan Pardew and a team brimming with confidence and unity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

Good to see you back in the Premiership as you romped the league last year, having said that I went to the Newcastle Posh game last season, even though you stuffed us from what I saw of the Toon all season you seriously need to beef the squad up other wise you are coming straight back down! Was effective in the Championship but I expect you to struggle unless something changes. How did you find the experience of playing in Championship? Get to any games?

You right, Huddersfield look like a good bet for playoffs this year as long as they can hold on to Lee along with Posh, the Saints and Wednesday finishing in the top 2, Championship is wide open but you would not bet against Middlesbrough or Cardiff, hope not Cardiff cause I had that parasite Ridsdale!!!!!

Advertisement