Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving Notice?

Options
  • 07-07-2010 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi Folks,

I have a bit of a problem! I have been accepted into the Prison Service and I am over the moon about this. However I’m sure u can appreciate that with the Civil Service I could be called to join a class in Portlaoise at the drop of a hat, the problem with this is that I started a job on March 22nd 2010 and I am not sure if I am obliged to work my notice if I have to leave at short notice?? Please help??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post moved to it's own thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Unless this is an internal transfer, I don't know why you wouldn't have to serve your notice period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭chappy

once you have worked over 13 weeks you would be obliged to work your notie period.Is there any terms or conditions in your contract or handbook relaying to notice periods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 steveoracle

I think it's worth trying to negotiate, don't get their backs up yet, softly softly catches monkey... se what you can wangle...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,506 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I can't imagine the prison service would demand that you report the next day, all the class will have to be rounded up and people just can't be available like that. Why not contact them and ask how much notice you will be given.

• Advertisement
Advertisement