Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acceptance of offers

Options
  • 07-07-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

got late offer online for second preference there at 3pm!!!!

wee question

right, here goes, got my second choice as mature applicant (computing in multimedia and entertainment technology), however awaiting fetac results also. So if I accept second choice and my results would get me my first choice (computer security and digital forensics l7 and level 8 Applied computing, hello mrmac!!!) do I get my first choice even though I accepted second choice beforehand?............aaannnnddd breathe!!!!confused.gifbiggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

AFAIK, even after you accept an offer, you will continue to receive available offers, if they are higher on your preference list.

So accepting your second preference, does not exclude you from being offered your first preference, but does exclude you from offers for lower preference courses.

tonybhoy72 wrote: »
    ... my first choice (computer security and digital forensics l7 and level 8 Applied computing, hello mrmac!!!)

Hello, and wha?
    Do you have two first choices??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tonybhoy72

level 8 and level 7 are independant of one another, can have 2 offers in that case;)

D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Afaik you won't receive any more offers once you accept one.

loca1 wrote: »
    Afaik you won't receive any more offers once you accept one.

Copied from the cao website, online handbook, page 22:
    Exclusion from lower preferences

IMPORTANT: When you have been offered a place in one of your course preferences, you are excluded from further consideration for any course which is lower in your order of preference than the one in which you have been offered a place.

This means that while you may subsequently move upwards in your order of preference (if places become available due to withdrawals) you will not be considered for a place in a course which is a lower preference than that already offered.

Later offers for higher preference.

If you are being offered a place in a course which is not your first preference, you may subsequently be offered a place in a course of higher preference if such a place becomes available.

This applies whether or not the earlier offer has been accepted. It is NOT necessary to accept an offer in order to be considered for a higher preference if it becomes available later. There is no guarantee, of course, that a higher preference will become available.

Non-acceptance of subsequent offers.

Having accepted an offer of a place, you are not obliged to accept a subsequent offer. You may retain the original offer simply by ignoring the subsequent one.

You can only be offered higher preference couses, if they become available.

HTH.

• Advertisement

I received a letter from LYIT today, with further info. about offers.
    If the current offer was not your first preference, it is possible that you could recive a higher preference off on a later round. However there is no guarantee of this .......
    ..... Acceptance of this offer will not prevent you getting a higher offer on subsequent rounds, should you become eligible.

HTH. :)

Advertisement