Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOR THE LADIES - MOBILE BEAUTY

Options
  • 07-07-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey All

Looking to pick your brains.

Myself & a friend are thinking of doing a mobile salon , where we would go to your house. She is a fully qualified beautician, and i am a qualified holistic massage therapist. (Am looking at deep tissue courses too).

Do you think there would be a need for it or would you prefer to come to our house for your beauty needs?? Appreciate all your feedback. :D

Cheers

P.S. We would offer Sunday appointments too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

I would presume you would do great business with hen parties and birthdays and things.
    I was organising a hen awhile back and we were looking for alternatives to the regular drinking and going mad because many of the girls going were pregnant and things. I would imagine there would be a demand for it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 theme song

Thanks a million Rebel, I appreciate your feedback. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Hi, maybe you could offer both - home visits & have somewhere for the client to go? Great idea for parites, hen nights, etc.
    Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Honestly, the benefit/experience of going to a beautican or for a massage, for me, is to get out of the house and go somewhere relaxing, dont want to be sitting here getting a massage, and looking at the cobwebs on the ceiling when im lying down, would be to aware of my surrondings to be able to totally switch off here.
    Doing hens nights is a good idea but again not really pratical if there is only two of you, unless its a small intimate hen party, Even doing someones nails can take a least twenty minutes? ten people at a party, is two and half hours, and thats only nails? A ten minute massage is hardly worth it, even a 30 minute massage would take you five hours for ten people.

We went to a spa for a hen night and the beauty of it was that we could all have treatments at the same time, or there abouts, so we werent waiting the whole day for every one to finish, this was possible because of a large ammount of staff.
    Either way, i do like the idea of a mobile beautican, but wouldnt base my entire business on it. Massage therapist is something which I would not like done at my home, and not to burst your bubble, and honestly only offering advise, but the world and its father seem to be holistic massage therapist's now, so again wouldnt go setting up/investing in business just yet. There are 3 holistic therapist's in my estate alone (constantly getting stuff throught my letterbox), also my mother's next door neighbour is one, also a girl i work with trained in her spare time. Seems to be hundreds advertising this service every time I open the paper. Not to sure when it took off in such a big way, but personally, if i want a massage, I'll go to a spa.
    Either way, I wish you the best of luck whatever you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 theme song

Thanks Gogo

I appreciate the feedback. I know everyone does seem to be doing it but hopefully when i qualify in Thai Massage etc it will be more appealing to the clients. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement