Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house - Location Advice

Options
  • 07-07-2010 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a house. Looking at this.
    I do not know the area very well so would appreciate any advicew. It is just around the corner from the dart and seems to be decent value.
    One qualm I have is that the dart line is at the end of the back garden!

Would be grateful for any advice/recommendatinos.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭emmiou

Hi K09
    I live in one of these houses now and grew up in the area. This is one of the larger houses built in this style. The kitchen is small but there is always the option to extend out or into the hallway and put the front door to the front of the house. The open plan design can make heating a little difficult in the colder months - but this depends on the orientation of the house - mine is SW facing at the back and is like an oven on sunny days as the windows are wall to wall in many rooms.
    The area is well served by public transport - very handy for Dart and 31/32 buses. You get used to the noise from the Dart soon enough, I think the mainline trains taking the other track at Howth Junction out pastMalahide are much nosier.
    Plenty of schools/childcare in the area. There are plans to redevelop the shopping area, it has been allowed to get a bitrundown in the meantime- have a look at the planning section of fingalcoco website for details.

Advertisement