Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC connection dropping when max transfer speed reached

• 07-07-2010 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with my UPC connection in the last month or so. Whenever I push a lot of traffic through (such as scp-ing a large file over), such that the modem reaches its peak speed, the connection frequently (but not always) dies.

The sync LEDs on the front of the modem remain fine, and a WAN DHCP refresh from my router gets the bits flowing again. I've tried with 3 different routers and with a direct connection to the PC, but it still happens, and is very annoying.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could resolve this? I've had UPC for 18 months now and this was never a problem before.

I have the Cisco EPC2203 (branded as Scientific Atlanta) running epc2203-E10-13-v202r1262-091209cs. Receive level is at -6.9 dBmV and transmit at 49.7 dBmV.

-S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

snappieT wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with my UPC connection in the last month or so. Whenever I push a lot of traffic through (such as scp-ing a large file over), such that the modem reaches its peak speed, the connection frequently (but not always) dies.

The sync LEDs on the front of the modem remain fine, and a WAN DHCP refresh from my router gets the bits flowing again. I've tried with 3 different routers and with a direct connection to the PC, but it still happens, and is very annoying.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could resolve this? I've had UPC for 18 months now and this was never a problem before.

I have the Cisco EPC2203 (branded as Scientific Atlanta) running epc2203-E10-13-v202r1262-091209cs. Receive level is at -6.9 dBmV and transmit at 49.7 dBmV.

-S

Same issue here now, UPC Engineer coming out on Monday to take a look. Did you get it resolved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

center15 wrote: »
    Same issue here now, UPC Engineer coming out on Monday to take a look. Did you get it resolved?

Never called UPC about it, but I moved the modem to another room (with stronger signal) and the problem resolved itself.

Advertisement