Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice for Honda vf750c magna

• 07-07-2010 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Taken on a project bike to customise for myself, no time limit. She's an '83 model. Engine naff. I would like to replace with same lump but getting hold of a decent one seems pretty hard here. I can pick one up in uk but transport cost has to be added....so here's a question,
    anyone know if I can put in another lump that might be more modern? I can change engine mounts myself and weld in new ones. I would prefer to change from shaft to chain so would need to replace the rear swingarm...mainly because I prefer a disc brake for rear and chain drive. I have quite a bit of knowledge on bike repairs and the workings of same so do not need to be treated like a muppet....but not a great deal on customising them. I like the front end but would prefer the rake to be slightly changed which I am prepared to pay someone to do, as I do not have a jig and am not going to build/buy one...but saying that I do not want to pay o.t.t.........who does? So I think you have the idea of my needs, but all said and done, if I could pick up another lump which is the same I will take, so if anyone knows of one going I would be gratefull if you let me know....it will save me quite a bit of work.
    Please be sensible with your replies....if any.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭furerer

Engine sorted. Any replies on the rake appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Which engine did you gofor?

Advertisement