Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine overcharging

• 07-07-2010 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hi there

Just wondering if anybody has had issues with overcharging from Imagine? Had a couple of issues this year, and moved from them in April. A month ago I received an invoice from them. I rang them and explained that I was no longer a customer, and to please cancel the invoice. I was assured this would happen. Today I received another invoice including arrears from last month.

I am wondering how long does it generally take for them to stop invoicing previous customers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

they should send you a final invoice and that should be in. were you out of contract when you cancelled with them? did you cancel in writing? did you get confirmation of the cancellation in writing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Schorpio

tipperary wrote: »
    Hi there

Just wondering if anybody has had issues with overcharging from Imagine? Had a couple of issues this year, and moved from them in April. A month ago I received an invoice from them. I rang them and explained that I was no longer a customer, and to please cancel the invoice. I was assured this would happen. Today I received another invoice including arrears from last month.

I am wondering how long does it generally take for them to stop invoicing previous customers?

I had almost the same situation with o2. I cancelled my mobile broadband contract after it was up, but amazingly, the woman in the shop must not have done it right because the unknown to me, the contract had not been cancelled. Luckily I had made sure to cancel the direct debit with my bank, so no money was taken. I had paperless billing, so the first I heard of this was a few months later when I got a not-so-friendly letter informing them that I owed money and threatening me with debt-collection. So, I called customer service straight away and the man on the phone said he would sort it. Naturally enough, he didn't. I got another letter after a month, this time from a debt-collection agency threatening me with legal action. This time I went back into the shop where I had first cancelled the service and finally, it was sorted. I got a phonecall from an o2 rep a few days later apologising, but it made no difference to me. I'll never be an o2 customer again!

So, it seems that telecoms companies in general are reluctant to terminate contracts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

Hi

yes, cancelled in writing and got the confirmation from them. The bills I have been received seem to be line rental only and don't include the broadband / phone call add-ons. When I rang today I was asked why don't I just ignore the invoice, but I really don't want invoices left outstanding possibly resulting in a bad credit rating.

Advertisement