Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queer FM

Options
  • 07-07-2010 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi all

just letting everyone know of a new LGBT radio show that broadcasts on 90.3fm every sunday at 5:30

check out its facebook page - queerfm

*hugs*
    41588_131196743568385_9625_n.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Is it entirely impossible to link to the facebook-page?

Also, why anybody would tune-in to a show they know nothing about is beyond me. Details!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

maybe im wrong because im straight but i always thought queer was a fairly derogatory term just as bad as fag. but thats my opinion lol

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

mrDerek wrote: »
    maybe im wrong because im straight but i always thought queer was a fairly derogatory term just as bad as fag. but thats my opinion lol

It's quite often used as a "reclaimed" term, particularly in academic circles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 CU-Cme

1. Seriously.

2. If you search for Queer fm on facebook you will see our site - it can also be reached via www.near.ie

on facebook there are links to the last two shows, so you will be able to hear what its like.

3. Listen in this sunday to find out that answer ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Thank you, Mr PR. Now I'm definitely going to listen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

A radio station that is only on for a few hours one day a week?

What's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

Beruthiel wrote: »

What's the point?

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Beruthiel wrote: »

What's the point?

It's a programme called Queer FM on the Radio Station Near 90 fm (which is a 24 hour not-for-profit community radio station.)

I work at the station myself. Haven't heard the show yet, but I know the people involved and they do good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Can I ask, what´s the difference in a regular radio station and an LGBT one?
    I just..don´t get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

2 gay radio stations?! We're on a role. On the subject of lgbt stations, whats up with openfm playing no lgbt artists? I've only recently noticed it, you'd think they'd give people like Tegan and Sara a bit more air time (on a side note, their current music is actually so ****).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

SV wrote: »
    Can I ask, what´s the difference in a regular radio station and an LGBT one?
    I just..don´t get it.

So noone then?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You might as well ask what the difference is between this forum and other forums.

Queer FM is a radio programme that deals with LGBTQ issues.

I can't speak for Open FM which is the temporary station that finished up recently, but I'd imagine they'd had a similar remit as well as providing a wider entertainment service.

Advertisement