Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

33 in august can i get visa?

Options
  • 07-07-2010 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

i m 33 in mid august,i m irish, my gf is canadian and 27, we were thinking of trying to go to oz and nz next june and travel about for a year, we looked in to working on some of the woof farms
    my questions is, am i to old for a visa?
    and were do i get one? i m clueless

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

abceire wrote: »
    i m 33 in mid august,i m irish, my gf is canadian and 27, we were thinking of trying to go to oz and nz next june and travel about for a year, we looked in to working on some of the woof farms
    my questions is, am i to old for a visa?
    and were do i get one? i m clueless

You are already too old for a WHV, 31 is the cut off. You can still come on holiday but you will have to fund yourself as you cant work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

can i go to study a bit and work a bit?

abceire wrote: »
    can i go to study a bit and work a bit?

Not sure if you can study for a bit. A student visa allows you to work 20 hrs per week... but really I cant see them handing out a student visa unless its for a legit useful course and really you cant pretend to be a student for a bit just to get a visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

well ment study and work, like a 3 month course or something , thinking of studying maybe later in the year anyway, so why not kill to birds one stone, study and see oz
    dont want to end up like one of those people stopped at airport over there and sent back like you see some on tv

You can work & study (3 months) on WHV but you are already too old for that.

It has already been established in another thread that Student visa route is pretty damn expensive* and that you wont get a visa for one of those for a cheap 3 month course.

*they expect you to front $18K per year for living costs

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/_pdf/student-living-costs.pdf

Your best bet is 3 months (+ 3 Month Extension) tourist visa and just bring enough money to cover you for a 6 months holiday.... you can't work on a tourist visa.. but if you do and are caught you will be deported

• Advertisement
Advertisement