Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing Iphone - Credit Check

Options
  • 07-07-2010 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I just graduated from high school and am about to enter university in September. I would like to buy an iphone, whether on prepaid or on contract. I note that the prepaid is 500 euro and on contract ranges from 0-100 euro for 18 month contract. I only work part time, is a job required to get one on contract or do they just do a credit check based on the info u provide online?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

most networks credit check on the basis of the information you give them. it's hard to know if you'll be accepted or not, only way to know for sure is to try and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kremepuff

thanks for the response mod. As far as I see online they just ask for name, address, length of time at the current address and bank acct details for direct debit. I'm assuming that they ask for more than that to do credit checks though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

from the contracts i've got before they don't ask for much more. usually your occupation and employer too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

kremepuff wrote: »
    I just graduated from high school and am about to enter university in September. I would like to buy an iphone, whether on prepaid or on contract. I note that the prepaid is 500 euro and on contract ranges from 0-100 euro for 18 month contract. I only work part time, is a job required to get one on contract or do they just do a credit check based on the info u provide online?

I was in your situation before at 17.
    I got my mother to get the phone but put me down as the main user.
    Just means the bills come in her name.
    After awhile you can just then transfer it to you.

My problem was that O2 didnt give contracts to U- 18's

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

castie wrote: »
    I was in your situation before at 17.
    I got my mother to get the phone but put me down as the main user.
    Just means the bills come in her name.
    After awhile you can just then transfer it to you.

My problem was that O2 didnt give contracts to U- 18's

That can work out grand.. or very badly ..

Generally speaking though, the credit check is there for a reason, your better off paying up front for it and going prepaid if your a student.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

My first contract phone some years ago, I was asked for a deposit up front, which would be offset against my bills. The deposit at the time was £100.

Advertisement