Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to buy suits

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Suits Distributers in Briarhill as well. Excellent choice for all sizes (I'm 36 long and NOWHERE in town had that.) Also saw a voucher for them in the Galway Indo today, 20% off all stock so not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Penneys...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Penneys...
    Aldi...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

I bought one in Anthony Ryans about two weeks ago,i recommend there. Got some nice shoes there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Aldi...?

Vincent de Paul on Merchants Rd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Geraghty's at the corner of Mainguard St and Lombard St have some nice stock and do alterations too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Suits Distributers in Briarhill as well. Excellent choice for all sizes (I'm 36 long and NOWHERE in town had that.) Also saw a voucher for them in the Galway Indo today, 20% off all stock so not too bad.

got a suit here too.
    good quality and price and tailored too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Thanks for the replies. I tried Suits Distributors today as I was sure they'd be able to sort me out but nothing smaller then 38.

Will try the others mentioned above.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Topshop actually do nice suits AND in small sizes that look very smart and fitted. We were looking around for a nice suit for my OH but everywhere we tried stocked suits that were just too big. So def topshop

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Burton do suits down to size 36 as far as i know.
    Good price too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

River Island have a decent selection aswell, you should have no problem getting your size there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Thanks for the replies. I tried Suits Distributors today as I was sure they'd be able to sort me out but nothing smaller then 38.

Will try the others mentioned above.....

Ya we tried there too and no good. Anthony Ryan's I found very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

It depends on what you want the suit for.

If you want to look professional, avoid TopShop, Burtons and River Island like the plague; there's a reason they're so cheap. On the other hand, if the suit is for social occasions, you might get away with one from one of those.

If it's for work, try Ryans, Hanleys, Louis Copeland's, maybe Geraghtys. Gatsbys in Woodquay used to be very good, but haven't been there in years. A professional looking classically cut suit bought in one of these shops may actually not cost you any more than TopShop crap, but it certainly won't look as cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Geraghtys do good suits, and often have specials on.

If you need it adjusted, PM me for the number of a really good seamstress; she did a couple of suits for me recently and did a fantastic job on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Penneys - €50, cant beat it!

Its very hard to see the difference between a €50 and €500 suit by anyone other than a tailor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

I had trouble getting a suit, 38 long I think, tried everywhere and eventually found one in Gatsbys in Woodquay.

It was a lovely suit, still is and the owner is a gent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

darrenh wrote: »
    Its very hard to see the difference between a €50 and €500 suit by anyone other than a tailor.

Bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tony Almeida

Can i just say that the place under the clock (Gerahtys?) I found to be massively overpriced for what i got....

I know you specified Galway, but i went to Next in Derry and bought a gorgeous suit for €200. Which is exponentially nicer than the ill fitting bollocks i got in the place under the clock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

...darrenh shouldave gone to Specsavers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Due to my size and requirement of having one by Saturday I had no luck, of all the places I tried I thought Louis Copeland had the best selection.

Gonna pick up a cheap one in Next, Topman or River Island and order a proper one through Copelands at least a week or two before I next need one!

Thanks again for the replies.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

hanleys on wiliam street.

morks n sporks?

Codology!

You can tell a cheap suit a mile away.

I recommend Hanley's its were I have bought my suits and found them reasonably priced for good quality suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

got one for my sisters wedding in Anthony Ryans, down the end in the Remus section, I'm 36 short, and they sent it away for alterations and was done in a number of days, would highly recommend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I want to get a decent suit for Ladies Day on Thursday. Does anybody know where is the best place to get a suit? I've heard Greene's in Woodquay is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

hi,
    whats best place to get suit for a wedding ?
    Aroun what price am I looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

One place that has a good selection at reasonable prices is Suits Distributors in Briarhill, they have a website www.suits.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Geraghty's (above Sheridan's) is where I bought my last two suits.

Reckon you'd get something nice for €200 - €250, don't be afraid to haggle.

Also second on www.suits.ie, very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Carpenters Menswear have suits for around €120. Not too sure how good they are though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

Not geraghty's. My last two suits were over priced and bad quality.

/avoid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

River Island do good suits. I got one there for €300 but that was a couple of years ago so theyve probably dropped a bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement