Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to buy suits

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

Hi

Carpenters are doing great value at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I'm another big fan of Geraghtys. There is also Anthony Ryans.

If you're the groom, then try Martin Feeney on Abbeygate Street.

@ fuctifino; did you go back to Geraghtys about any problems with your suit; frm experience, they have excellent customer service. However, if they don't know about a problem they can't fix it. Also, if the suit was so expensive and such bad quality, why did you buy it in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Feeney's in town do pretty good suits. i can't remember the name of the street, but it's the same one as Halo and the old Charcoal Grill. if you're going down Shop Street from Eyre square, turn right at AIB and it'll be on your left about 150m down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

thanks everyone goona try Friday now to get one,
    Im not the groom ( thank god );););)

Just wondering what price am I looking in or around ?

Upstairs in Hanley's. Good selection and good quality. A suit is worth spending a reasonable amount of money on imo, cheap suits are awful and you can spot them a mile away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

Peacebrother>>>

I have not bought a suit in Galway, but I have looked for one. As far as I have seen I'd say if you go to Hanley's you'd have a good chance of getting a good suit but you'd pay for it as well. I don't particularly like Hanleys because i think they're a bit snobby and overpriced but for a suit I think I would go there.

If you intend to get use out of the suit buy something plain (black or grey, no visible stripes/patterns) and the best quality material you can afford, try on loads of different ones. Bring or wear the shoes you will wear most often with the suit also. If you buy a good material suit it will "de-crease" itself from just hanging and will not stain as easily. It can also be used for weddings, funerals, interviews, business.

It all depends on how often you are going to / intend to wear the suit after this particular wedding - if you almost never wear a suit, buy a cheap one. No one will notice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement