Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back To Education / Grant

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Sharra wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if you got your fees situation sorted last year? I am in the same boat. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated :-D

You apply to get the fees paid through the grant forms at www.studentfinance.ie

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭JD81

Hi Guys,

I've applied for BTEA and just got a reg pack from my college today, and will drop a copy in to my local sw office.My worry is that i have to start on sept 8th and a in the pack i recieved there was an invoice for the 2000 and a giro, i have applied for the fees grant but as of yet there is no reply, and now i'm getting worried as i only have a few weeks left, is this normal? and should i just sit tight and stop worrying?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

JD81 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I've applied for BTEA and just got a reg pack from my college today, and will drop a copy in to my local sw office.My worry is that i have to start on sept 8th and a in the pack i recieved there was an invoice for the 2000 and a giro, i have applied for the fees grant but as of yet there is no reply, and now i'm getting worried as i only have a few weeks left, is this normal? and should i just sit tight and stop worrying?

Thanks

I'm in the same situation. I rang my local authority who are dealing with the Grant applications last week. To my complete surprise and amazement, they said they havent even begun to look at the applications :eek:
    I was getting a bit mad at this stage saying that i have to register for college next week and i's like to know where i stand. All he said was he'd send me out a letter stating that i have applied for the Grant (fees). So as far as i'm concerned, im not paying a penny until I get a response back. I sent in my application around the middle of July, so what was stopping them form looking at it then.

Every year it's the same bloody thing. They get in a panic over sorting out Grants and fees. Well if they didnt leave it a week before 50,000 students are going back to college it wouldnt be sucha mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ye might be waiting, i didn't get a penny off Clare co-co till last june ...10 months after i applied

iPwnage wrote: »
    ye might be waiting, i didn't get a penny off Clare co-co till last june ...10 months after i applied

Thing is tho, i'm only applying for fees to be paid from the Grant, as i've also applied for Back to Education allowance (which is slow to get back too), so would the fees payment just go through as soon as it's accepted???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭JD81

I got onto the VEC and got this 'We cannot give a time frame for completion of the grants process''. They also said just to tell my college on registration day that i have applied for the fees grant. So i guess unless it comes through before then thats what i'll be doing, at least i'm not on my own with this, was starting to worry that it was something i done wrong, i too sent mine in July:confused:

Just rang the clonmel welfare office which is dealing wit my BTEA application, and was told they are getting the letters ready and should be sent out in the next day or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Last year when I applied for my fees to be payed, DIT were happy to wait for as long as it took.

My question now is I am returning to second year, do I have re-apply again for my fees to be payed or what ?

BTEA sorted.

Advertisement