Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Vodka for Oxegen?

Options
  • 07-07-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lads and Ladies,

Heading down on friday morning and I dont intent on being ripped off for pints of Heineken. So, I'll be getting circa 3L of Vodka tomorrow, where is the cheapest place in Dublin(Centre or Southside) to get it? Will probably be getting a small amount of cider too. Any deals going?

Thanks guys,
    Lethal(Buzzing to go!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Prob not the cheapest but Remond's in Ranelagh do Count Rostov vodka which is around €15 for 70cl.

You're bound to find something better but it's a start!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Tesco Value vodka is around €11.50 for 700ml

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ciano1 wrote: »

Yeah, Lidl charge 14 for their stuff so ATM Tesco are winning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

ciano1 wrote: »

Yup Tesco was the cheapest I could find:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

is that Tesco vodka in the off licence section, or the hardware aisle, next to the paint stripper ?

• Advertisement

pa990 wrote: »
    is that Tesco vodka in the off licence section, or the hardware aisle, next to the paint stripper ?

Ahh, its not that bad tbh. There's much more of a burn 'outta ouzo:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

You're better off saving the money for the rip-off pints.Up until this morning I was going to be doing security at oxegen and from what I've heard, it sounds like it's going to be very tight for what gets in this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

If you buy the tesco one you may as well be drinking nail varnish remover!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Dont get tesco the thing had me in bits the next day

Its supposed to be allowed if its in a plastic bottle isn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Having tried many a type of vodka, I can safely advise staying away from the Tesco Value stuff. There is other Tesco branded vodka that's not too bad though and a few € extra. Best bet would be Lidl stuff, you won't be as badly off after it!

• Advertisement

Yeah, Imperial is the branded one, but its like 30% dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

pa990 wrote: »

+1 on that

DO NOT go near Tesco Value Vodka, it destroys your stomach and your weekend - you will be getting sick - and gives you the mother of all hangovers. Its just nasty. Not worth it for saving 2-3 euro.

700ml bottles of Kulov/Vladivar/Huzzar are all between E14-16 in offies.

If you want something a little better you'll get Smirnoff & Finlandia for the E17 mark in most offies (better value to be had in the supermarkets).

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Just to make you even more sick after you drink your Tesco Value Vodka ... While we were coming back to Ireland via Amsterdam my wife picked up 2 1liter bottles of Absolute on special for ...

wait for it ....

.... are you ready ? ....

.... are you sure ? ....

.... ok you asked for it ....

.... a massive ....

.... €26Euro ....

.... that is €13Euro each (that's the equivelant of €9.10Euro per 700ml bottle) .... :eek: :cool:

Read it and weep. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Ah, absolut isn't that great!:rolleyes:
    (but would I take 2l for 26 squid if I had no vodka in the house...........
    YES!;))

But would you pay premium price for absolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Ah, absolut isn't that great!:rolleyes:
    (but would I take 2l for 26 squid if I had no vodka in the house...........
    YES!;))

But would you pay premium price for absolut?

True, Absolute has taken a major step down on the premium ladder eve though still charading as a premium product :rolleyes:. However it is still better than most regular vodka according to my wife and you can even get it in Ireland now for about 50% less than it used to be. The problem with vodka is that they can pump it out without much hassle and the more they pump out the less filtration they usually do hence the vodka gets rougher.

Absolute I think it is the second biggest selling vodka after Smirnoff so that tells a story in it's self :rolleyes: The wife thinks smirnoff is total crap and this is a much better alternative for the price.

She loves Grey Goose but at over €45 a bottle in Ireland not an everyday alternative and you can't pass up offers like that. :D

Advertisement