Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant Plink

Options
  • 07-07-2010 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Chunli
    cant plink the lp to hp
    do i have to be at a certain range ?

if you cr.lp cr.lp st.lp then i think youre at the right range but i lose my momentum at that stage. I got it a few times but not good enough

is it
    lp then hp practically a split second later? it comes out as lp or other wise comes out as hp [blocked]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I cant plink this link for sh1t either but ive been getting crlp,crlp,crlp,stlp-sthp pretty consistently lately in training without the plinking.
    Its the one combo i practice all the time and i found i just slowed down the lp strings (instead of mashing them). Helped me get the timing on the hp right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

you still have to plink st.lp to hp cause its a 1 frame link !?

Placebo wrote: »
    you still have to plink st.lp to hp cause its a 1 frame link !?

I'm terrible at plinking so I couldn't use it for that link. I do it without the plinking. I can't get it everytime but i'm getting it maybe 70% of the time. If i could get the plinking down it'd help big time. Maybe some of the other chun players here use it??.

its only you and me
    dan 'plays' chunli, but i havent seen him play in a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

To plink that combo, you press: cr.lp cr.lp st.lp then press st.hp and like a frame later hit st.mp while holding hp. In training mode input display it will look like you pressed st.hp and then st.hp + mp.

• Advertisement

just figured it out before i read your post gory

this works best, watched it on an old replay

cr.lp cr.lp st.lp then st mp + Hp [mp first then hp]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

You should be hitting hp first and mp very slightly after. Is this really a 1 frame link? I can do this more less every time. You can link super off st.fp too, not worth the meter but it looks cool.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You don't HAVE to plink ever.It's just plinking extends a 1 fame link to two in effect.

To be honest you should try to hit the one frame link without the plink so when you use it the extra frame isn't something you rely on, but a handy buffer.

1 frame links are difficult for tournament play at our level but sometimes you have to go for it.

(Any excuse to post a vid of Chunkis getting beaten :D )

That doesn't make sense, it should be hp first, and in training mode it should read in a little triangle

mp hp
    hp

If the plink is successful.

it reads

mp hp [doesnt that mean mp first, then hp] ?
    lp
    lp
    lp

Bush80 wrote: »
    You should be hitting hp first and mp very slightly after. Is this really a 1 frame link? I can do this more less every time. You can link super off st.fp too, not worth the meter but it looks cool.

i thought it was ? yeah some chun suppered me like that, it looked good and embarrassing.

• Advertisement

it reads

lp
    lp
    lp

i thought it was ? yeah some chun suppered me like that, it looked good and embarrassing.

That mean he plink has failed. FAILED, Farz.

It should read like this

mp hp
    hp
    lp
    lp
    lp

otherwise you're still dealing with a one frame link. What you're seeing above meand mp and hp at the same time.

You definitely need to hit HP first. but really quickly.

A good way to get the feel of plinking down is to practice kens kara throw. Plinking is the same as that.

mp hp
    hp
    lp
    lp
    lp
    why does it show hp alone? then mp hp? should it not just show mp hp, that looks like u pressed hp, then hp again with mp.

replay of that other chun, that did it to me numerous times is

mp hp
    lp
    cr.lp
    cr.lp
    cr.lp

i've been kara throwing since sf3, i dont have a problem with the last execution, i guess its the timing because it needs to follow other moves

it reads

lp
    lp
    lp

Been trying it there. It should read
    mp hp
    hp
    lp
    lp
    lp

it's essentially like double tapping hp giving u 2 shots at the link. Finding it very effective. I've been trying to plink with hp-lp before. :(

il try it tomorrow so, thanks all
    so HP ALONE, followed by MP HP? doesnt make sense.

also its a stupid combo, it wont work if person is sitting down obviously. which most are.

Basically the game is reading 2 hp inputs. If 2 moves of different strengths are done, the higher strength punch/kick will come out, thats why if you set PPP to a button, hp always comes out. Plinking allows for easier 1f links because the game reads your first hp and also the mp you press after as hp+mp, which results in 2 hp inputs.

also its a stupid combo, it wont work if person is sitting down obviously. which most are.

Still links if someone is crouching :)
    My eyes are bleeding from practicing this so I'm off to zzzzz's.

why does it show hp alone? then mp hp? should it not just show mp hp, that looks like u pressed hp, then hp again with mp.

yeah... that's the whole point. :)

It gives you two hp inputs 1 frame after the other meaning you have two good inputs for the link.

The link doesn't magically become easier, plinking artificially creates a second input.

I assume it inputs this way as it is not sure if you mean to hit mp at the same time as hp or not so it does both.

The command you wrote above does not look like a plink.

no just hp mp but really fast.

Quote from the guy that discovered plinking

"I'm an Akuma player, and over the past few days I've been testing out this alternative way of hitting my links.*

For instance, for the following BnB combo:
    Jump-in, cr.LK, cr.LP, cr.LP, cr.MK xx EX Gohadouken
    Note: the link from cr.LP to cr.MK is a one-frame link.

Instead of double-tapping the MK in the above example, what you can do is:
    Jump-in, cr.LK, cr.LP, cr.LP, cr.MK+LK (MK~LK input) xx EX Gohadouken

By MK~LK input I mean, you almost-simultaneously press LK and MK buttons with your index and middle fingers, but hit the MK button with your middle finger slightly earlier (1 frame) before the LK button.

If done right, in the training mode with w
    input display on, you should see this:

(second frame) down+LK+MK
    (first frame) down+MK
    Note: if you didn't do it right, the second frame input would have been down+LK only."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Only crouching character that it whiffs on is blanka, which sucks since c.lk ex legs also doesn't combo on him.

If they are standing, always try and get a standing jab in at max range before going for the hp, since it has a tendency to hit meaty, making it essentially a 3 frame link with the plink.

Crouching Blanka is messed up. So many things whiff on him.

Red350 wrote: »
    Only crouching character that it whiffs on is blanka, which sucks since c.lk ex legs also doesn't combo on him.

If they are standing, always try and get a standing jab in at max range before going for the hp, since it has a tendency to hit meaty, making it essentially a 3 frame link with the plink.
    yes but then u have to do all crouch lp's then hp, which seems slightly harder.

close lp = frame advantage hit = 5
    hp = start up = 4

so you have 1 frame to link those

technically speaking, why does the game require MP and HP
    specially when mp start up is also 4

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/nov/13/chun-li-frame-data-street-fighter-4/

yes but then u have to do all crouch lp's then hp, which seems slightly harder.

close lp = frame advantage hit = 5
    hp = start up = 4

so you have 1 frame to link those

technically speaking, why does the game require MP and HP
    specially when mp start up is also 4

Farz you're missing the point.

The mp isn't required at all.the mp doesn't come out. HP has priority over mp. If you are good enough at timing you can just hit the hp on it's own (I have tried to do as virtually all of Guile's link combos are 1 framers, including the one in the vid above).

what hitting hp mp does is make the game register hp twice in 2 frames, thus meaning if your timing is 1 frame off, the move still comes out.

Because of the plink you're hitting HP 2 frames in a row, which is faster that a human or even most turbos can do.

i get it now :(
    Thanks, technically theres alot possible, but not sure how practical :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

i get it now :(
    Thanks, technically theres alot possible, but not sure how practical :mad:

I can only speak for my character but plinking is nearly essential to getting decent damage with Guile. mp or cr mp is needed in general to cancel into a special and in order to make it hit confirmable you need to start a combo with lp or lk. I plink all the time off the back of a jab as a combo starter to land a cr mp xx boom (after which I can backhand) or a cr xx mp fk (the combo in the video). So in my case at least, 1 frame combos and plinking are pretty essential for getting damaging opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

its only you and me
    dan 'plays' chunli, but i havent seen him play in a long long time.

Dan 'might' just make you eat those words :p

Also, plinking is for losers :cool:

animaX wrote: »
    Dan 'might' just make you eat those words :p

Also, plinking is for losers :cool:

i dont think so. Im the only chun in this town
    rest are FAKES

• Advertisement

Red350 wrote: »

I thought it whiffs on everybody?

Advertisement