Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still no 7mb for me!

• 07-07-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

I actually hate Eircom so much with a passion.

One week ago i asked for an upgrade to 7mb. They told me i would have to wait a while.

then back on Monday i asked them if it was available yet. It was, so I asked for the upgrade, they said yeah and that it would be done in 24hrs.

24 hours later, no 7mb.

So i rang them up again, and they told me that the fella who was goin to do the upgrade, never done it at all. So someone else said that they would do the upgrade, and again, told me it would be done by 24 hours.

So it's now 10pm, 30 hours later, and I've still not gotten my upgrade.

Serously, what..the..f**k?!

I made a thread there 2 days ago askin about all this, and then i was gullable enough to say it was all good, I'm gettin the upgrade.

I'm still sitting here with a 1mb connection so what should I do?!?!

I can't switch provider 'cause I'm basically stuck with Eircom for the next year and can't afford two providers (one for phone, one for broadband)....Should I just keep ringing Eircom up everyday until the upgrade goes through?

Because it seems to me that they just pick the phone up, yawn, and hang up once the conversation's over and completely forget what they were asked to do.

Eircom is the worst company I have ever dealt with, ever!...Not just phone/broadband company, worst company ever! Never been p*ssed off with any other company for any other thing like i've been with Eircom.

So fuming over this :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Vodafone's just as bad, if not worse. Perhaps they're all rubbish, and this is as good as we're ever going to get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Vodafone's just as bad, if not worse. Perhaps they're all rubbish, and this is as good as we're ever going to get?

I had 7mb before though. It's because I moved house and I had to wait a while before 7mb was available in the area.

But it's now available, my line stats also state I'm capable of a higher connection.

Eircom themselves even said I can go higher. I don't know what I have to do though to get the fact that I want an upgrade into their thick skulls.

I can't sit here with a 1mb connection it's horrible, I play online games all the time, as does my brother, and I download non stop. 7mb connection is perfect for that.

It's almost turning into a too-good-to-be-true scenario it's p*ssing me off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭10belowzero

hi sorry to hear you are being messed around , upgrade's like that should be done by the csr you are talking to there and then , once they activate it should be instantaneous or might take an hour or so depending on traffic on system - certainly not 30 hrs - have you tried using the user's support forum on eircom net support page , to get this resolved - if not give it a go - hope this help's some - cya

Advertisement