Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Series for Radio

Options
  • 07-07-2010 10:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How ye all doing? I hope this doesn't get horsed off to either the midlands or the radio forum as I feel it holds relavence here. I work as a voluntary DJ for a radio station, I won't say who. Basically the deal is, we can apply for funding for the station by creating documenteries or short informative programmes relavent to the community.

It's obvious I live here in Athlone, but to get to the point, I hope to create a mini series of approximately 4 half hour long programmes covering the LGBT community here in Athlone and the Midlands. What I aim to do is to create awareness of all topics relating to the LGBT community including civil partnerships.

I hope to cover alot throughout the programmes such as promotion of support groups where possible as well as events such as MILK, the festival for the LGBT and to try and strip away any mystery surrounding the community. I also hope to take in some interviews concerning experiences and offer any information to people concerning their health and welfare.

My question is though, would anyone like to participate in some small way or another? Due to the sensitive nature some may feel and I do myself, any participation offers annonyminity unless stated otherwise, like an opt-in system only. I hope to begin any research soon and ye can pm me if you feel you all would like to contribute or know someone who could.

Thanks again.

Advertisement