Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hellfire Duathlon 11th August 2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 fishboy1974

Found last night particularly difficult, first run not so bad, first lap on cycle OK, second lap pure hell, watching lots of bikes breeze past you up the hills doesn't instill much confidence. Second run lap pure gruel but at least you knew it was soon to be over. Any tips on how to get legs stronger in hills for cycle legs? Is it simply more time in the hills or could you do some gym work to improve strenght?

Anyone know if the person who crashed out on cycle leg is OK??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

3 stars (average)
    Was that what the ambulance was for ? It went past me with the blues and twos and I made my way back to the car park so figured it was for someone from the race, hope it's nothing too serious.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

2 stars (poor)
    I was chatting to that guy beforehand and saw him being tended to by the medics, am also wondering if he was ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bazman

Any sign of results?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Wonkagirl

bazman wrote: »
    Any sign of results?

they were emailed by brian crinion this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bazman

Wonkagirl wrote: »
    they were emailed by brian crinion this morning

Ah, but I'm only curious as a voyeur :) didn't race so wasn't on e-mail
    Could we attach here?

Who were top-3? did Aaron O'Donohue show all how it's done on his fancy new bike? :)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Aaron did indeed show by winning it.

Full results here and a small race report

http://www.irishtriathlon.com/index.php/2010/08/hellfire-adventure-duathlon/

Top three were:

Aaron O’donohue 01:07:25 1 Rathfarnham AC 00:14:01 00:00:37 00:36:23 00:00:29 00:15:52

2 Craig Longmore 01:07:34 2 BELPARK 00:13:41 00:00:25 00:37:54 00:00:34 00:14:57

3 Niall Somers 01:09:07 3 BELPARK 00:13:50 00:00:22 00:37:47 00:00:40 00:16:24

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Wonkagirl

bazman wrote: »
    did Aaron O'Donohue show all how it's done on his fancy new bike? :)

Thanks

what kind of a bike did he get?

was due to race but got stuck in work instead :mad:

work- REALLY getting in the way of my social/racing calender. the nerve!
    unfortunately need the former to bankroll the latters though!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Anyone know if the person who crashed out on cycle leg is OK??

Speaking to one of the mountain rescue guys last night after the IMRA race. He mentioned having tended to a guy who came off the bike. He'd the usual road rash and was sent to hospital as a precautionary measure to check for internal injury as I think he landed on or skidded into some kerbing.

Hopefully there's nothing more than scrapes and bruises.

• Advertisement
Advertisement