Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Entitlements??

• 07-07-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Really appreciate any advice on this.
    I am an un-employed mother of one with a second baby due soon. I am co-habiting with my long term partner in rented accommodation (€650 per month).
    He is working full time and earns €430 net per week. He also gets €25 FIS per week.
    Does anybody know if I would be entitled to anything from welfare as it is very difficult to manage on what he earns??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

child benefit!

If you get married he will also be able to use your tax credits so his net income will be higher.

Your partner can request his FIS payment be reviewed when your new baby is born.

Under normal circumstances, FIS is awarded and set at the same amount for 12 months, but they will reassess the amount if the family size increases.

The FIS limit for a family with 2 children rises from €506 to €602.

Also, as mentioned, your child benefit will increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Focal

Thanks for advise, good that FIS will increase.Asked CWO about rent allowance but probably won't get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Look into the medical card too, if you haven't already.

As for rent allowance, because your partner is working you are not entitled to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

I am In a simular situation, as long as 1 of you in is full time employment you are not entitled to rent allowence, usually your full time partner will be earning enough to rule you out of means tested allowences too, such as a medical card, jobseekers allowence...etc

you MAY qualify for a GP visit card.

also afaik if you claim jobseekers you lose FIS, as you are co-habiting, you are treated as one.

you may have paid enough into the system in previous employment to get jobseekers benefit, If you are looking for employment, i was told i could claim for it even with my partner working full time...all they asked me for was one of his payslips...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Focal

Thanks for your advice:)

Advertisement