Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mechanical doping

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

no no no, the real and much more important question is whether aliens walk among us, or did elvis die taking a **** on the can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

bit far fetched to be honest, can't imagine the benefits of carrying around the extra weight, even if it's only 500gms for most of the race for when you need to use it would be worth it, never mind the friction and effort required to have to drive the motor when it's NOT being used to drive the pedals. Also, the thing sounds like a bloody moped in that video.
    If it does exist, it's clear proof that Aliens are living amongst us and giving us new technologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ky Abu

Or.....Maybe....... Cancellara has Motors Inbuilt in his legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭avalanche

granted the video demo of the engine isnt great noisewise etc, but think of the money in cycling and the dope testing meaning its harder to trick the rider. im sure the big teams could easily develop something light, fast and torque resistant with the money surrounding them.you have to admit the acutal footage of him cycling does look more than a bit dodgy, plus its not like these guys have morals regarding cheating or winning at no cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cantalach

Sorry, but this is really old news. The video first surfaced over two months ago, shortly after Paris-Roubaix. The suggestion that Cancellara used a motor has been largely discredited since. And despite the bikes used in the Tour being scanned for motors, Cancellara's power was still on display in the prologue and yesterday.

Lets move on, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

QUOTE ,, I am the motor .. Fabian cancellara .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Would you look at that, Cancellara has the gall to cycle faster than the other riders! The bollix, wha'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

Ky Abu wrote: »
    Or.....Maybe....... Cancellara has Motors Inbuilt in his legs!

Quigs Snr as he tore the legs off European Champion Triathletes no less to climb to top spot in the province. Chapeau!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Well done Quigs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

00833827 wrote: »
    Quigs Snr as he tore the legs off European Champion Triathletes no less to climb to top spot in the province. Chapeau!

Alastair Brownlee did the Munster TT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cantalach

Got a link to the results?

cantalach wrote: »
    Got a link to the results?

Not at the moment, but I'm sure they will surface soon on the Cycling Pursuits Website.

tunney - I dont think Alastair Brownlee was in the medal positions

Not at the moment, but I'm sure they will surface soon on the Cycling Pursuits Website.

tunney - I dont think Alastair Brownlee was in the medal positions

"as he tore the legs off European Champion Triathletes"
    http://www.triathlonireland.com/article.php?story=20100704180008148

Am not following you?
    Are you saying that Brownlee did win the euros? Or that he raced the Munster TT last night? Cause a friend of mine was swimming with him in Leeds yesterday evening :)

Who is the euro triathlon champ that did the munster tts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

tunney wrote: »
    Am not following you?
    Are you saying that Brownlee did win the euros? Or that he raced the Munster TT last night? Cause a friend of mine was swimming with him in Leeds yesterday evening :)

Who is the euro triathlon champ that did the munster tts?

Can you find an Euro Triathlon Champ listed here

http://cyclingpursuits.ie/pages/eventresults20100715.htm

Advertisement