Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best student campus to live in around dublin?

Options
  • 07-07-2010 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

along the lines of Griffith Halls of Residence

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Most other university/college campuses are for students only. I know that is the case with Trinity Halls and Belfield. They are usually overbooked

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

VEXERZ wrote: »
    along the lines of Griffith Halls of Residence

Griffith Halls is very strict btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 VEXERZ

Griffith Halls is very strict btw.

is that so...

griffith seems to be the only place available in terms or non student campus

I was looking for somewhere student based so I can meet new people

I'd probably be better off going finding an apartment idk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

This any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I know your looking for student accomadation but if this is your first year I would recommend doing a student house share in Rathmines/Camden St/Ranelagh/Harolds Cross type area.

the thing about student residences is that they are normally really strict about parties and guests and what not!

I lived in student residences for my first two years and it was good to have the security it was a bit of a pain how the whole system functioned- the RA's were kind of like parents and god forbid you have to share with a postgrad student!!

You'll meet people in college anyway or join socities if your in a giant course. The most popular people are always the ones who can invite you over to their gaff no matter what time of the day or night. I recommend those areas if you are going to college in the city centre obviously!

they are also great because you never have to get a taxi if you are broke! You can spend your money on some curry chips in the Aprille to warm the walk home! :p

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Dont go near Griffith! Awful place decor wise, very cramped, no craic, very strict, very expensive and very bad admin (took them 6 months to get my deposit back!)

This any good?

nice plug?

your ad?

doesn't look half bad tbh

I know your looking for student accomadation but if this is your first year I would recommend doing a student house share in Rathmines/Camden St/Ranelagh/Harolds Cross type area.

will check out

the thing about student residences is that they are normally really strict about parties and guests and what not!

I lived in student residences for my first two years and it was good to have the security it was a bit of a pain how the whole system functioned- the RA's were kind of like parents and god forbid you have to share with a postgrad student!!

You'll meet people in college anyway or join socities if your in a giant course. The most popular people are always the ones who can invite you over to their gaff no matter what time of the day or night. I recommend those areas if you are going to college in the city centre obviously!

they are also great because you never have to get a taxi if you are broke! You can spend your money on some curry chips in the Aprille to warm the walk home! :p

you have saved me a lot of effort, tnks

bold ^^
    wixfjord wrote: »
    Dont go near Griffith! Awful place decor wise, very cramped, no craic, very strict, very expensive and very bad admin (took them 6 months to get my deposit back!)

sounds bogey

tnks for the heads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

VEXERZ wrote: »
    nice plug?

your ad?

doesn't look half bad tbh

I have nothing to do with DIT nor with its accommodations. I thought you were looking for suggestions and gave you one. How come you don't accuse other replies of having vested interests?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

Mr.S wrote: »
    try NCI's campus.

+1

A friend of mine lived there last year (as a 1st year in TCD) and liked it so much that she's going back. They're not very strict - she had no problems with security when they had parties, especially at the end of the year. Can't argue with the location either.

Mr.S wrote: »
    try NCI's campus.

Stayed there last year, its a mix of students from all the dublin colleges, you don't have to be in NCI to live there.

Its in a great location, in the IFSC. Red line luas stop right outside it. tons of shops and supermarkets around. 10 min walk to a Dart, trinity. 10 min walk to O'Connel street. You'll never spend money on a taxi on nights out!

First years are all put together so its a good way of meeting people!

http://www.ncirl.ie/Prospective_Students/Accommodation

looks ace :pac:

thanks a dime
    I have nothing to do with DIT nor with its accommodations. I thought you were looking for suggestions and gave you one. How come you don't accuse other replies of having vested interests?

no direct hit at you bro

just looked a bit specific in terms of this one a this only

looked to me like you were trying to advertise your own place

markpb wrote: »
    +1

A friend of mine lived there last year (as a 1st year in TCD) and liked it so much that she's going back. They're not very strict - she had no problems with security when they had parties, especially at the end of the year. Can't argue with the location either.

icon14.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement