Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac Ireland

• 07-07-2010 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about the person/company 'mac ireland' on Facebook? I ask cos they are on my friends list and today I was looking at their profile and saw they have a 'set of 24 brushes for €55 euros'. They claim the products are genuine.

They also have some Benefit products for sale.

I'm suspicious as to how they can sell so many Mac brushes for such a small amount of money though as iirc, I read on Boards before that each Mac brush in BTs cost's around €20 euros.

Maybe they are real, but I'm just dubious as it seems to good to be true. I know, I know, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is...

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Do you have a link? Sounds highly suspicious. I don't think Brown Thomas would be too happy if they found out Mac were selling to Ireland exclusively online cheaper than in-store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Twee. wrote: »
    Do you have a link? Sounds highly suspicious. I don't think Brown Thomas would be too happy if they found out Mac were selling to Ireland exclusively online cheaper than in-store.
    I will PM you a link Twee.

I didn't know Mac was exclusively available through BT's only, make's me even more suspicious.

Thank you for your reply.

And I have just clogged Purple Bobbin's inbox :D Fake products, definitely.

LOL @ your comment Twee!:D

Thanks for confirming my suspicions, at least now, I know to avoid her and spend the extra cash in BTs on genuine products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

LOL @ your comment Twee!:D

Thanks for confirming my suspicions, at least now, I know to avoid her and spend the extra cash in BTs on genuine products.

Another option (but only if you're travelling) is to buy your MAC makeup in Dublin Airport where it is cheaper than BT.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    Another option (but only if you're travelling) is to buy your MAC makeup in Dublin Airport where it is cheaper than BT.
    Thanks Dudara, I don't think I'll be travelling for a while, but I know someone who is going away and could get it for me in the Airport.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

There are lots of people setting up these little businesses selling fake Mac. They might not be aware they're fake, they're told some spin about some one who knows someone who knows someone etc. My friend recently bought some stuff from one of these people and I didn't have the heart to tell her it was fake. If you see anything about 24 brushes, assume it's fake. Mac don't use this number in a set and you'd be paying huuuuge amounts for 24 real brushes.

The thing is, those 24 brushes which are selling at 55e probably only cost a fiver to make. 55e on a normal brush set would buy much better quality.

Also, who REALLY needs 24 brushes! I can think of, for a bit above a basic personal kit;
    1 foundation
    1 powder
    1 blusher
    2 eyeshadow
    1 eyeliner
    1 eye brow
    1 contour (if you were really good at application!)
    Maybe a third eyeshadow, if you're, again, doing a pro job on your self.

That's still only 9.
    Building up a kit like this would be expensive, but provided you look after them, they should last ages.

Few guides on fakes available on ebay here and here.

Advertisement