Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse riding apprentiships

Options
  • 07-07-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

hey guys just wondering if any of you have any information on how i cud train to be a jockey am i right in sayin if ur over 17 its not possible 2 get an apprentiship.. due to lack of work id like 2 try and pursue sumthing i have a very keen interest in cheers ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

The under 17 rule only applies if you're applying for RACE (as far as I know, you'd need to contact them to be sure though), but if you want to try get some experience to see how you'd get on you could ask some of your local trainers if they'd be willing to take you on, either as an employee or for free on work experience. Then depending on how that goes, you could look into getting an amateur licence for bumpers or point-to-points. That info can be found on the Turf Club website, turfclub.ie

Advertisement