Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snake Advice

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Best advice is to trawl through other forums on the same topic, you might get some tips. ie under the fridge or other appliances where its warm etc.

http://petshub.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-11875.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Behind radiators, in your hotpress, following your hot water pipes? They're probably moving around so you might well find them in some part of your house u'd already dismantled in the search :rolleyes: or they might just go back in their tank.

Ribbon snakes used to escape all the time at the pet shop I used to work in. There was a little ledge just under the sliding lid and they'd sit up there and coil back and forth till the lid opened just enough for them to get out. Usually found them in the gerbil tanks :P Not easy catchin them if they got on the floor though, fast little yolks!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭brumindub

My ex got me interested in snakes. Anyway, once our hognose escaped and I looked everywhere for it. The next day, I did find it....in my shoe!! Thank god I didn't put my feet in first or I'd have gotten a nasty surprise! So my advice, look anywhere that is dark, warm and where they can fit snugly into.

I have a female ball python now.

It was irresponsible of the pet shop to sell you an enclosure which was unsuitable for a snake.

All the best finding them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Barrettd

Had a couple Corn snakes back in SA that got out the one night. 12 Hours later I found them - you know where? right behind their tanks in the skirting boards ( Got panicked when I saw they were out and grabbed the hammer and stuck into them ) Snakes will always seek out the heat - however they will stay as close to cover as possible. not sure on the size of your animal, but trust me, they can fit in anywhere. Start from the immediate surroundings, if you think there may be the slightest chance he could squeeze behind a skirting or the likes, tear it open. I hope you find him/her

Oh sorry, forgot to mention: Take a crisps packet ( Nice and noisy when something slithers over it ) and stick a pre heated mousey on it . all lights off at night and then the waiting game begins - nine out of ten that will bring him/her out

• Advertisement

Just looked at your orignal posting - yip, they would most def fit behind a skirting board . . try the above idea close to where their tank(s) are . . you might be suprised to find all your lost babies

Advertisement