Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Image for C&C

• 07-07-2010 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

One of mine for C&C. Some PP for this view.

36401_132579010097249_126494234039060_236408_3751296_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

do not like the traffic light in foreground and its very distracting

is this in tallaght?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

I must admit it doesn't do a great deal for me.

A few tips/comments:

- Try not to have the shutter open while a traffic light is red, the cars being stationary and then driving off give the impression of the cars driving backwards additionally, lights that are green and red at the same time throw me off a bit. If the camera is on Bulb try covering the lens when the light turns red.

- It's a bit overexposed for my liking, the hotel name seems blown out and the photo seems a bit washed out generally (then again I have been told my night time shots are underexposed so what do I know)

- it might be just me but the location is very uninspiring to me, it's just another hotel to me. Try to find an interesting background if you're planning on shooting light trails otherwise the photo won't hold interest

- compositionally, the traffic light at the front is distracting also if you position the camera lower down the light trails will be fill a more central part of the frame and not pull the eyes to the edges.

Hope my tips/comments are of some use, I find it hard to follow them myself to be honest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

You've got some really nasty noise going on on top.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

my first question would be why you chose that as a subject; to be honest, it's not that engaging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It looks very flat, maybe you need to up the black levels and control noise a little better? If you're going to include traffic, it's got to be light trails whizzing by, static cars aren't interesting. How long was the exposure?

Light trails like this: http://pix.ie/cagey75/1610712

And I had to bump the blacks a bit in that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated.

The reason I chose this hotel as the location, was because this hotel ran a compeition for best picture a few weeks back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Change your white balance - it needs to be colder.

I'd have left the shutter open longer, lower your ISO. Might want to turn on in camera noise reduction if possible.

Advertisement