Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barryscourt Castle

Options
  • 07-07-2010 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Anybody here paid a visit to Barryscourt Castle and Gardens just of the N25 at Carrigtwohill? If so what did ye think of the place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Excellent guides - the one we had really knew her stuff and enjoyed being asked questions about the place beyond the scope of the tour. The castle itself is well restored and maintained, as you'd expect from OPW.

However, if you've been to Ross Castle in Killarney or possibly Bunratty (depending on what you're looking for from the trip) you may find Barryscourt a little less well developed - it's very much a castle in isolation, whereas at the other sites much more effort is made to link to the local landscape and history of the area. There's not so much to work with at Barryscourt, but they've made the most of what it has got I think.

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

i stopped outside it one night and i was flashed, no not flashed by car lights but flashed by a person urinating.. he added " what do you think of that"......

you can walk through any town in ireland, but you RUN through carrigtohill..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

charlemont wrote: »
    i stopped outside it one night and i was flashed, no not flashed by car lights but flashed by a person urinating.. he added " what do you think of that"......

you can walk through any town in ireland, but you RUN through carrigtohill..:D

<snip> - Please don't openly insult individuals on this board. - Scien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Excellent guides - the one we had really knew her stuff and enjoyed being asked questions about the place beyond the scope of the tour. The castle itself is well restored and maintained, as you'd expect from OPW.

However, if you've been to Ross Castle in Killarney or possibly Bunratty (depending on what you're looking for from the trip) you may find Barryscourt a little less well developed - it's very much a castle in isolation, whereas at the other sites much more effort is made to link to the local landscape and history of the area. There's not so much to work with at Barryscourt, but they've made the most of what it has got I think.

Hope this helps!

Thats great thanks. Apparently it's free of charge too :)

Advertisement