Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Insurance Number

Options
  • 07-07-2010 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭

Hopefully someone here can guide me in the right direction.

Back in 1990 I got a summer job in London. I received a National Security Number and a (Red and Blue card memory serves) card with my number on it.

Would this National Security Number be still valid and if I cannot find the card is there a facility to phone up someone to get the number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I recall the head office for this was based in Newcastle Upon Tyne although that was long before 1990.

Edit: This could be useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Urbanrose

as far as i'm aware the number will always stay the same, if u dont know it perhaps try looking on a payslip as its often printed on them. i think u may be able to request a new one but only one replacement is allowed.

i remember being told that before but best to google it or something to be sure how valid that all is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Thanks for the links/info. I'm pretty sure I've this card back in my parents house, but just in case...

Cheers!

Advertisement