If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED TV

Options
  • 08-07-2010 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭

Hi lads im looking for a quote on a 40"/42" LED TV. I also need a HDMI cable and a stand for the TV whats the best offer you can do for me. Where can i collect it from and when would be the earliest available date for collection. I play a lot of games on it so would prefer 100Hz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Duffman,

PM SENT!!! :D

Thanks, Nicola.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Duffman13.

Throw your eye over the following LED screens:

LG 42LE5300 priced at £699.95 (In stock and ready to roll out the Door)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/led-tv/lg/42le5300/lg-42le5300

Also the Philips 40PFL8664 priced at £799.95 (Special Boards Price)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1072&Results=true&keys=philips

Both these screen are available now for collection in the Belfast store.

We have a range of HDMI cable starting at £14.95 upwards depending on your budget:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/search_results.asp?c=0&bc=Search+Results&bccs=1&txt_keywords=hdmi+cable&list_categories=

At the moment we have got a excellent TV rack from Tech Solutions priced at £79.95 (It looks like the following but has a cable tidy running up the back of it).
    showimage.php?image=305658.jpg&max_width=250&max_height=200

I hope this is of help. If any of the above two screen tickle your fancy let me know:)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi Duffman13.

Throw your eye over the following LED screens:

LG 42LE5300 priced at £699.95 (In stock and ready to roll out the Door)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/led-tv/lg/42le5300/lg-42le5300

Also the Philips 40PFL8664 priced at £799.95 (Special Boards Price)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1072&Results=true&keys=philips

Both these screen are available now for collection in the Belfast store.

We have a range of HDMI cable starting at £14.95 upwards depending on your budget:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/search_results.asp?c=0&bc=Search+Results&bccs=1&txt_keywords=hdmi+cable&list_categories=

At the moment we have got a excellent TV rack from Tech Solutions priced at £79.95 (It looks like the following but has a cable tidy running up the back of it).
    showimage.php?image=305658.jpg&max_width=250&max_height=200

I hope this is of help. If any of the above two screen tickle your fancy let me know:)

Hi Guys,

Back again....Firstly a hugh thank you to Nicola, John and Kenny for all your help on my brand new AV system!!:D:D

We are still looking around at TV's (unless that 46" 7605 has arrived yet;))

Anywho, this one caught my wifes eye today in Dublin and I said I would run it past you.

Can I have a price on the Samsung UE46B6000 led with delivery to Dublin.

Thanks Guys,

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ryanno wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Back again....Firstly a hugh thank you to Nicola, John and Kenny for all your help on my brand new AV system!!:D:D

We are still looking around at TV's (unless that 46" 7605 has arrived yet;))

Anywho, this one caught my wifes eye today in Dublin and I said I would run it past you.

Can I have a price on the Samsung UE46B6000 led with delivery to Dublin.

Thanks Guys,

Ryanno,

Thanks a million for the post - we are still awaiting the 46PFL7605 (we have the 40" in stock now and it's SERIOUSLY excellent - we have it on display in Belfast beside a Sharp / LG / Panasonic and it is really impressive. We have been promised stock of the 46PFL7605 for week 31, which is around the 1st week in August.

We don't stock the Sammy 6000 series but we do stock both the 7000 & 8000 series (the 3D ones) if you are interested in those?

However if it was me & I was looking at spending that sort of money on a large screen TV - I would really have a long hard look at the LG 50PK990 which is just stunning - most of us in Belfast think that it is probably the best Plasma we have ever seen (and yes we are Pioneer fans) - £1199.95

Keep me posted and hope the Denon AVR1911/Monitor Audio Vector kit sounds great for the WC Final!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Ryanno,

Thanks a million for the post - we are still awaiting the 46PFL7605 (we have the 40" in stock now and it's SERIOUSLY excellent - we have it on display in Belfast beside a Sharp / LG / Panasonic and it is really impressive. We have been promised stock of the 46PFL7605 for week 31, which is around the 1st week in August.

We don't stock the Sammy 6000 series but we do stock both the 7000 & 8000 series (the 3D ones) if you are interested in those?

However if it was me & I was looking at spending that sort of money on a large screen TV - I would really have a long hard look at the LG 50PK990 which is just stunning - most of us in Belfast think that it is probably the best Plasma we have ever seen (and yes we are Pioneer fans) - £1199.95

Keep me posted and hope the Denon AVR1911/Monitor Audio Vector kit sounds great for the WC Final!

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John,

The Denon and Speakers arrived already:eek:!!
    Unbelievable service!! Well done RS!
    You were right - they are a serious piece of kit:D:D

Thats a fantastic price for the LG Infinia!! Something to think about.

The OH (Better Half in her words) is looking at the Samsung 3D TV's (I'm not so sure on the 3d side). The only ones being shown in Dublin are:
    Samsung 50" plasma ps50c6900 WITH "free" 3d glasses €1599 in PC/currys
    46" Samsung LCD 3D LE46C750 WITH "free" 3d glasses €1599 in PC/currys. She thinks that these are 'pretty'. :cool::cool: They do, admittedly, look great (very slim) and the PQ was good. Can you quote me on these? (The only difference on the 50" plasma ps50c6900 to the 50" plasma ps50c7000 is a different light filter apparently?!?!?)

Minimum size is really a 46" model.... I only want a top notch PQ that will be modern (future proof) for at least 3 years.....

I was really hoping the 8605 would have fit the bill, but as mentioned before, wasn't up to scratch in store! Did you find out if it was a calibration issue or was the panel in pwo??

Thanks again,

• Advertisement

Ryanno wrote: »
    Hi John,

The Denon and Speakers arrived already:eek:!!
    Unbelievable service!! Well done RS!
    You were right - they are a serious piece of kit:D:D

Thats a fantastic price for the LG Infinia!! Something to think about.

The OH (Better Half in her words) is looking at the Samsung 3D TV's (I'm not so sure on the 3d side). The only ones being shown in Dublin are:
    Samsung 50" plasma ps50c6900 WITH "free" 3d glasses €1599 in PC/currys
    46" Samsung LCD 3D LE46C750 WITH "free" 3d glasses €1599 in PC/currys. She thinks that these are 'pretty'. :cool::cool: They do, admittedly, look great (very slim) and the PQ was good. Can you quote me on these? (The only difference on the 50" plasma ps50c6900 to the 50" plasma ps50c7000 is a different light filter apparently?!?!?)

Minimum size is really a 46" model.... I only want a top notch PQ that will be modern (future proof) for at least 3 years.....

I was really hoping the 8605 would have fit the bill, but as mentioned before, wasn't up to scratch in store! Did you find out if it was a calibration issue or was the panel in pwo??

Thanks again,

Hi John/Kenny,

Just to back up the 50" Plasma differences, heres the link

http://www.avforums.com/forums/3d-plasma-tvs/1267009-samsung-ps50c7000-ps50c6900-2.html

Apparently the Sammy plasma 7000 was put on stop production due to issues with the screen (Lack of supply), and was temperarily replaced by the 6900. But it, the 6900, is exactly the same with a different screen and seems to be Cheaper!!

Do you you stock this one?!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Ryanno

We have received the new 46PFL7605H into stock today.
    Going on the wall as I type if you'd like to check it out

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Anybody see the Sammy 9000. Bit too dear at the moment but will buy if price drops. They say that the bigger the better for 3d? Any advice? <Snip> Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@JOSman.

Hi and welcome to Boards and the Richersounds forum. Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum (here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744) which is a dedicated area for commercial interrraction with Richersounds and the The Philips Shop. If you are asking for a quote or advice from either of these then you are in the right place. If you want to get peoples opinions, discuss prices in general etc, then feel free to post on the Home Entertainment forums here on Boards: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=863.

Cheers,

Ritz.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.