Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get NUI Galway?

Options
  • 08-07-2010 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Say hi here. ;)

Ive been excepted to NUI Galway, Podiatry, absolutly delighted.

Im from Dublin & dont know anyone but cant wait for the big move :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I got my first choice, Marine Science.

However I'am still unsure if I'll take the place. The course is something that I'd really love to do, but committing to 4 years of study is such a giant step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Eoghanacht

I got mine...Arts. Going to do Archaeology

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I got Science, don't know how I got it but I don't know if I should take it or not. I've been thinking about doing a foundation course in science(1yr) and then doing vet medicine.

So it's vet medicine or zoology. Could do both but that would be alot of years in college zoology then a post grad in vet medicine.

The worst thing is this is the course that my brother did afew years ago (he did computer stuff):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 simka

I got my first choice Environmental Engineering, already accepted it.;)
    I did foundation course in Nuig. Great experience to get on track with assignments and assessments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Luwisaa

BroFlo wrote: »
    Say hi here. ;)

Ive been excepted to NUI Galway, Podiatry, absolutly delighted.

Im from Dublin & dont know anyone but cant wait for the big move :D
    I got the exact same thing as you.... and am thinking of declining the offer.... im stuck in limbo... dunno wat to do.... :(.... wat are the positives about it? to be honest i havent really looked into it too much...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shellib

Hey everyone got into Arts... so excited but quite worried about the money as dont think Im going to get the grant as I did a level 7 course in 2008 didnt complete it tho and Im not entitled to Back to education :(
    Ahh well fingers crossed it will all work out
    Best of luck to you all on your chosen paths :D
    Just under 3 weeks to go yipee!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

I got offered Law which I'm really happy about, however I think I'm going to have to defer my place til next year whilst I try and see if I can get a grant. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭BroFlo

Luwisaa wrote: »
    I got the exact same thing as you.... and am thinking of declining the offer.... im stuck in limbo... dunno wat to do.... :(.... wat are the positives about it? to be honest i havent really looked into it too much...

Have you looked at in on nuigalway.ie/podiatry/ that gives a good discription of the course.

You wouldnt want to do it if you have a feet phobia or anything like that ;)

Personaly I think there are great opportunities espesially in nursing homes and private practices but thats my opinion and i really want do do the course so im really pro-podiarty :rolleyes:

Have u declined or excepted yet? Are you mature? Best of luck in what you decided :)

Advertisement