Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missed Sign on day...panic..panic...panic

• 08-07-2010 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Oh my God, Im having a heart attack at the moment. Ive just switched from JSB to JSA. My sign-on day was always a Thursday but its now been changed to a Wednesday
    it was today and I missed it!
    Im going to go down in the morning and explain that I got confused. Will they let me sign on if Im a day late? Im seriously freaking out.
    Im with the Navan Rd Branch. Would they be likely to cut off my JSA now? If they do, I will having nothing to live on.
    Someone help please!!!
    This has not happned before and I have no idea what to expect

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

You have actually just jogged my memory. I was supposed to sign on Tuesday at the Navan Rd Office but completely forgot. Will go see what they say in the morning. Hopefully theyre sound about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Stop freaking. Just go down asap and you'll be fine. You'll probably be advised to remember in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

After missing my sign on I went in first thing this morning and they had a hatch set aside for people who missed so I just signed as normal and was told the next months date. No hassle at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Gerry Asstrix

I missed my signing day last month by two days, claim was suspended and had to repeat claim to get what I was owed and continue getting claim, took over months wait to be able to reclaim and start getting money again.

Im with the Cabra/Navan Road branch also.

I think they used to be very lenient on things like missing signing day, but now with cutback, and mass amount of people signing on, they getting strict.

Everything done by appointment now, and its a months wait in that branch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Like the person above me said, they've gone VERY strict on it now. I was in hospital for a few days and when I got home, I was too ill to get to my sign on. Being sick, I had completely forgotten about getting a note for proving I was ill and it took a bit of an argument with the woman in the dole office (including her demanding to know WHY I was in hospital!) but I got un-suspended then and there.

In most cases, they suspend you and you have to start your claim all over again now, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

If you fail to sign on the day they will usally suspend your payment, then if you go in the next day or very quickly they will sign you, but note the date you signed on. If you show a pattern of being late then more action will be taken.

In all cases where you forget/fail to sign, go to the office as soon as you remember.

Advertisement