Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electrical cert

Options
  • 08-07-2010 5:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

does anyone know of electricians that would be able cert a house rewire?its a 4 bed bungalow.need it asap,thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Are you looking for somebody to do the job or somebody to certify work already done . If it is certify work already done the only person that can certify it is the contractor that did it. See http://www.reci.ieor www.ecssa.ie
    for the guidelines on certification

According to the RECI site the cost of an inspection is Euro 388.00

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

if you done the installation yourself,it is possible to pay reci to certify the installation.you will have to make sure it is up to current regulations and have test records complete before the inspector calls.to save time and money see can you get a contractor to have a quick look at it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 andy85

yeah i did the installation myself.i wired it to the current regs,ie bathroom lights on a 10amp RCBO etc. I thought it would have been easy to get a cert of a contractor but its turning out harder than i expected

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

andy
    a contractor is not allowed certify other electricians work.only in special circumstances will reci allow this.if vthe job is right you should have no problems.in fairness the inspectors always try to be helpful.let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 andy85

meercat wrote: »
    andy
    a contractor is not allowed certify other electricians work.only in special circumstances will reci allow this.if vthe job is right you should have no problems.in fairness the inspectors always try to be helpful.let us know how you get on.
    thanks for the info,think i might just get essca to do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement