Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Crackdown 2 Co-op Shenanigans

• 08-07-2010 8:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Ok agents... Wait that does sound gay with an irish accent, Leave it to the guy in the game

Anyway as most know this has 4 player "co-op"

But its pretty much fúck shít up mode

So starting this early, Anyone getting the game tomorrow wanna make a weekend of it and just have fun.

If so add me and leave a message, i should be online from 8 tomrorow :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I used the last of my xmas vouchers on amazon to get it so looks like this time next week by the time I'll have it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Anyone got this yet? Any good ?

Read reviews saying it was to similar to the last one ?

Opinions?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Anyone got this yet? Any good ?

Read reviews saying it was to similar to the last one ?

Opinions?????

Very similar to the old one, haven't found to many differences yet although I'm still levelling up. Runs a lot smoother then the old one and that thud as you fall from high buildings is as sweet as the first game :D Oh and in case people are wondering about prices Xtravision are selling it for €49.99

You also get a code for a toy helicopter for your avatar inside the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Got it this morning and loving it although i hate the fact that its gonna take me a bit to be back jumping buildings in a single bound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Ok im playing it on insanity anyone wanna join up i need 3 able bodys for some fun this weekend? Anyone? Throw down your GT

• Advertisement

• Il be around today if anyone wants a game. Gamertag is below!

Mine arrived in the post today :)

if anyones up for a game later i'll host at around 7?

Getting achievements is a blast in this , love the running commentary when you get one.

Did everyone get their exploding rubber duckies from the facebook game? Search Chucks Dead 2 on there if not.

You can also get them at a stall at the fun fair :D

Fave quote - Super car - It sticks to the road like **** to a blanket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Found the 500 orbs earlier tonight :)

I tip my hat to you, good sir. Good effort. I bet it gets hella hard after 400 or so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Did you use a guide? I never got them all in the first one (got to around 470 or so I think) but will make an extra special effort when I pick this up!

calex71 wrote: »
    I tip my hat to you, good sir. Good effort. I bet it gets hella hard after 400 or so ?

Cheers mate, The last one 8 were pretty tough tbh, especially cos I never bothered with the mobility orbs so i kept coming across them thinking they were the standard orbs.......now that was frustrating I'll tell you.

Did you use a guide? I never got them all in the first one (got to around 470 or so I think) but will make an extra special effort when I pick this up!

Nope didnt use a guide for the orbs, just started collecting orbs from the first minute of gameplay. Crack1 was way harder to find the orbs. I used the helo to find the last 30 or so. Very handy

well done think im on 210 or so, Still a fair way to go but ploughing on through, think having the heli makes it too easy though, haven't used it yet. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

A lowly 190 orbs.... Going to take to Xmas to get them all.

Got 499 on first crackdown...

Party up tonight and we'll get you to the 250 mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Got this yesterday, wouldn't mind a bit of co-op if theres room in your games.

Wahts your gt dor and i'll add ya should be on around the half 7 mark toinght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

It's dor83, should be on around 7:30 myself.

• Advertisement

allanb49 wrote: »
    think having the heli makes it too easy though, haven't used it yet. :P

ya tbh it really does, still though I wont say no to the achievo's :)

I only rented it for the five days so i was under pressure to get em before I had to drop it back. Think I racked up nearly 23 hours of gameplay in the few days so twas hard going........Roll on summer hols :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Lads, can someone explain this game to me? Didn't play Crackdown, so I'm a complete noob to this but I like it so far, even though I don't know what I'm at. I've been getting achievements for nothing really (a bit annoying), cos other lads are completing them in the game I'm in and I'm nowhere near them.

From what I can see, there's a wide open world and you've to leg it around shooting these 'cell' lads. You also have to activate some blue laser things, along with a few races etc etc. Anything I'm missing? Am I missing the whole point of the game?:confused:

Any help or tips appreciated!

Hey Frankie,

Ok best way to describe the game is like an 80s action flick or a michael bay movie lots of explosions and mayham and no real story

Pretty much heres a gun and some super powers go crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

allanb49 wrote: »
    Hey Frankie,

Ok best way to describe the game is like an 80s action flick or a michael bay movie lots of explosions and mayham and no real story

Pretty much heres a gun and some super powers go crazy.

Thanks Allan, but I was kind of hoping that wasn't gonna be the answer! :(

Still, it's enjoyable enough! I'm just gonna hunt for more agility orbs for now cos I saw some lad (literally) flying and I quite fancy some of that!

last mission was surprisingly easy given the difficulty I had doing the last beacon on my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

got this the other day, loving it, add me if ye want
    GT: korvanica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Picked this up on Saturday!

Add me for a few games if you want!
    GT: The Batman IRL

Aint tried co-op yet...

I miss the cars not transforming now depending on my driving level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

calex71 wrote: »
    last mission was surprisingly easy given the difficulty I had doing the last beacon on my own.

Aye, I just geared myself up with a homing launcher, nade launcher and cluster grenades and waltzed through that mission... Found the last couple of beacons so much harder! Was still a nice way to wrap up the game though

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Anyone willing to help sometime tomorrow with the last few beacons?

GT: TetraxShards

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »
    Aye, I just geared myself up with a homing launcher, nade launcher and cluster grenades and waltzed through that mission... Found the last couple of beacons so much harder! Was still a nice way to wrap up the game though

Yeah must have done the last one 10 times, finally resorted to spamming the flack cannon.

Advertisement