Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Losing the game previous to that really pissed me off!!

But I will say, I enjoyed the game on Hotel. It's nice to have a challenge every now and then. Don't get me wrong, I love pwning n00bs and boosting my K/D and W/L but a diffuclt game every now and then wouldn't go a miss.

The game of Demo yesterday on Firing Range was unreal. The spawn trap was by far the best I've ever been a part of. I was soo close to breaking 100 kills :mad: finished up on 97 (I think) Ross topped the board with 115 (I think)

One day..... One day :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Who's the fella with the new account i xxTryhardxx or something like that? :D

Can't hear people really as my tv's ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

A massive apology Perrin, Lynx and Benrob for my internet, which surely was my greatest connection fail of all time :eek:

I disconnected in a game of zombies on ascension (luckily only on round.5) and again on round 3 i think. Shouldn't have risked the 2nd time, my internet had been dodgy last night!

Have to get back internet back together before i play zombies again, oh eircom :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Finical wrote: »

Dunno but has like a 6 K/D!! W/L is a bit crap though :D must be dashboarding alot of games :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

IPAM wrote: »
    Dunno but has like a 6 K/D!! W/L is a bit crap though :D must be dashboarding alot of games :D

Ah yeah, that lads always dashboarding, he's a hacker too, uses aim bots as well ;)

New account, ArronMW :D

I want a 10.0 W/L! HappiK is just copying me with the new account ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Finical wrote: »

it tis me Happii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Grrrrr! been playing Hardcore most of the day, was going well, nice change until these two little cocksuckers joined the team and started killing everyone on the team, and trying to steal care packages, little dickheads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

offs, stop stealing my care packages you COOOONTS!

krudler wrote: »

maybe..just maybe...you could stop running care packages? :D

krudler wrote: »

Some craic playin with randomers n changing their care packages no matter what they get :D Chopper gunner ---> Ammo :D

• Advertisement

Cheers for the game of Zombies Perrin, BenRob an Lynx. Good craic.

Will be back in 2 weeks to pick up where we left off.

Can't believe my net went, 1st time it ever went during a game! Could have easily gotten another few rounds in. Hav a good one in LV Elkat!

Really gettin into zombies now, makes a nice change from MP

Can't believe my net went, 1st time it ever went during a game! Could have easily gotten another few rounds in. Hav a good one in LV Elkat!

Really gettin into zombies now, makes a nice change from MP

Cheers dude!

I must say, zombies was great craic. Totally different way of thinking the game out. I hadn't a clue what was going on but enjoyed it and would be up for more another time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Where's the thread for this? Wouldn't mind joining!

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Where's the thread for this? Wouldn't mind joining!

Am...this is the thread? :D what's your gamertag?

Is World at War worth getting? Is it badly hacked like COD4?

Oh right, I read the OP and it seemed like games were being set up in another thread :pac:

My GT is LooniestCanine

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Its good to some extent, its not polluted with hacks but the audience of it if just basically english 8-12 year olds, i wouldnt buy it personally, multiplayer is bland and they have bouncing Betties (claymores) everywhere

Don't really mind the 12 year olds as long as i can mute them. Might pick it up on the cheap, getting bored of COD4 now with hacks and I always have a sh1t connection in that game for some reason

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    CoD4 PC is much better IMO

Yeah, id love to try out promod. Would your computer have to be very powerful to run it?

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Oh right, I read the OP and it seemed like games were being set up in another thread :pac:

My GT is LooniestCanine

You should add a few lads from the share gamertag thread and just join their/our games that's how I started playin with boardsies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭OriginalTom

Hiyaaaa.

New to the board, was referred here by El Loco Ade. Basically my reason for posting what will inevitably be quite a long post is to do with recruiting someone for a competitive team.

I'm Tom (fairly evident from the username). I play Xbox 360 competitively under the Decerto ruleset (will explain later) and as of a few hours ago have teamed up with Ade's Organisation HvG. We'll be representing them on the 360 side of competitive gaming and are set to attend the LAN event in late July. Ade said that there were a lot of strong players who would be keen to make the switch to competitive or already play competitive and would be keen to join a team that will be attending LAN events.

The actual event isn't until July 30th-31st which gives 2 months for any potential scrimmages/trials. It also isn't a huge nerd fest, strangely enough, most people who actually attend the events are pretty sound guys who just enjoy the entire competitive scene (ECL - European Console League). As of right now, that isn't particularly important, feel free to have a google to see more about that.

If anyone's keen to get in a few competitive games with us, send me a message to my GT: HvG Tom

In terms of the Decerto ruleset for Black Ops, we ban Famas and Aug, as well as G11, LMG's, and shotguns.

Flashbangs and Smokes are the only tactical, grenade is only lethal. No equipment. Perks are limited to Lightweight/Sleight of Hand/Ninja Pro [or Marathon Pro].

No equipment at all, attachments that are banned are: extended mags, dual mags, noob tubes, underbarrel shotgun, flamethrower, think that's it.

You'll finally mainly an AK47 no attachment, or MP5 red dot and an M16 red dot as the most popular classes.

Feel free to message me to just get an play a few games with us, we're all mature adults(ish). I'm 21, and the other 2 are 21 and 17. Both myself and the other 21 year old are students whilst the 17 year old works full time so we mainly tend to play for 2 hours or so in the evening where we'll scrim or just muck about playing Zombies or other games.

Cheers for reading this bible esque post lads,

Tom.

Not a dig at you but I can't understand why things are banned!? Some guns, perks etc are overpowered but there are things to counter them, I just think if it's in the game it should be allowed otherwise go play barebones (or whatever the game type is called)

as for your team, there are plenty here that are quality players, hope ya find someone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭OriginalTom

Not a dig at you but I can't understand why things are banned!? Some guns, perks etc are overpowered but there are things to counter them, I just think if it's in the game it should be allowed otherwise go play barebones (or whatever the game type is called)

as for your team, there are plenty here that are quality players, hope ya find someone :)

It's mainly so it makes the game as perfectly balanced as possible, thats the main reason why they do it. They've done it since COD4 and a lot of competitive players over in America in the MLG scene (Hastro, Fwiz) have all commented on how strong the Decerto Ruleset is.

Cheers for the message though, hope to find a few quality players to try out with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Pretty much answered your own question mate.

And it is like playing barebones... a modified version of barebones. Imagine trying to play a competitive game of MW2 if noobtubes OMA/DC was allowed :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lads, if any of you's are interested in trying your hand at competitive gaming do take Tom up on his offer. He might be a Chelsea supporter :D but he's a very good COD player in both pub and comp level, likewise the team he runs.

Or you can offer him a scrim (practice) match sometime, that goes for both IRL (I'm sure you're reading this) and BRDS clan/groups.

As I always say, it's one thing to be good in public matches. But to replicate that on a fair, balanced, organised and vs higher level opponents is a whole another thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I used play competitively on consolegaming for a bit and then went on to Decerto but the team fell apart as most hated mw2. COD4 was just unreal, it was great craic though and found most on Decerto sound. Gamebattles is where trouble happens can be fun just to hear kids whinge though. :D

Like I said before, it would be class to have a boards gamebattles (or any competitive) team

Sorry lads, I've an early start and was trying to book a bus ticket at the same time I'll be online tomorrow ( with a mic! ) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Most frustrating night in a long time trying to play with a mate, spent about 10 minutes of actual game time in halo:reach and black ops and 50 minutes of sitting in lobbies, dashboarders, host migrations, and getting disconnected from parties.

His copy of black ops was acting up and he couldn't play multiplayer so we went on to reach which was a bag of sh*te. Constantly getting booted into separate parties in the matchmaking lobbies, and when you do try and join it's say xbox live party unavailable. Even with 110,000 people playing, it was next to impossible to get a game and when you do there is inevitable host migration with no hope of players coming back in. One game consisted of me and another randomer chasing one guy with a cloak around for 5 minutes till he left.

So I went back to black ops after we got enough manure dumped on us from halo and when I do join a game in black ops I'm again left facing a the brown eye of crap yet again with the score is 5400-7200 and you're getting shot at in your spawn.

enhanced-buzz-429-1305921003-27.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

FFS some absolute cúnt kept throwing grenades at me....IM ON YOUR TEAM YOU THICK FÚCK!!!

>.<

although in saying that im a noob ive slipped up a few times but in fairness did he not see the giant blue name across my head?!! prick!!

i dont remember what his name was though :mad:

Advertisement