Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Any grievances with a particular mod should be in the dispute resolution forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

You're coming across rather poorly Royal Irish, I thought you were one of the few members of your clan that was decent enough to talk to on here compared with other members by dragging in potential mod bias and favouritism to a wholey unrelated thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

In my quote I never refered to a specific thread so your wrong on that point. I was refering to the whole CoD forum which in my eyes is only open to people of a certain click.

Also if you look back on the last 2 pages I am not bringing up anything about clan first. It is infact people who are not a member of the same clan as I am that are bringing it up and I am simply just answering them and the poor moderation I am refering to is when El Loco see's all my posts reported, and all yours or someone else not in the IRL clan reported, who do you think will get the infraction or ban?

}{ow can you tell on te amount of posts reported ?
    Somet}{ing will only be done if its against t}{e forum rules. Also t}{ere are 3 mods }{ere plus 2 c mods.
    You do know if you ave a problem wit}{ a mod t}{ere are procedures t}{at you can follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

yimrsg wrote: »
    Any grievances with a particular mod should be in the dispute resolution forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

You're coming across rather poorly Royal Irish, I thought you were one of the few members of your clan that was decent enough to talk to on here compared with other members by dragging in potential mod bias and favouritism to a wholey unrelated thread.

Yeah your right, I should use proper channels to air a grievance with a Mod and for that I apologize.

But I stand by what I said earlier, I dont bring up that clan stuff, I only reply to it when someone else brings it up.

Shammy wrote: »
    Somet}{ing will only be done if its against t}{e forum rules. Also t}{ere are 3 mods }{ere plus 2 c mods.
    You do know if you ave a problem wit}{ a mod t}{ere are procedures t}{at you can follow.

Am not going to get into it anymore, but I just have ask what is with the }{ ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What's with the }{ shammy? Rage smash the keyboard? :D

• Advertisement

IPAM wrote: »

Get back in line, I asked first :p

Am not going to get into it anymore, but I just have ask what is with the }{ ?
    IPAM wrote: »

Apologies my }{ doesn't work , so i'm slipping it instead of typing witout using te eigt letter of te alpabet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

In my quote I never refered to a specific thread so your wrong on that point. I was refering to the whole CoD forum which in my eyes is only open to people of a certain click.

Also if you look back on the last 2 pages I am not bringing up anything about clan first. It is infact people who are not a member of the same clan as I am that are bringing it up and I am simply just answering them and the poor moderation I am refering to is when El Loco see's all my posts reported, and all yours or someone else not in the IRL clan reported, who do you think will get the infraction or ban?

I strongly disagree. The forum has a friendly split of Xbox360 Vs PS3 which takes place on their respective About Last Night forums, but on other threads such as the MW3 thread, zombies and the thread for videos are open to people. There is a click, it happens when you have a large number of people contributing over a period of time. However there is a constant flow of new blood that helps keep opinions fresh.

Shammy, copy paste the H's

CORaven wrote: »

THanks

Apologies my }{ doesn't work , so i'm slipping it instead of typing witout using te eigt letter of te alpabet :)

Same thing happened me when I got "hair gel" on my keyboard while looking at a "educational website" :o

• Advertisement

I strongly disagree. The forum has a friendly split of Xbox360 Vs PS3 which takes place on their respective About Last Night forums, but on other threads such as the MW3 thread, zombies and the thread for videos are open to people. There is a click, it happens when you have a large number of people contributing over a period of time. However there is a constant flow of new blood that helps keep opinions fresh.

flipping genius!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

THanks

or just open the onscreen keyboards on your laptop. 4 of my keys failed on my old laptop and thats what i used till the new one was delivered.

just type it into the search on the laptop. every laptop has one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

garv123 wrote: »
    or just open the onscreen keyboards on your laptop. 4 of my keys failed on my old laptop and thats what i used till the new one was delivered.

just type it into the search on the laptop. every laptop has one

yeah but dont bother with it if your looking at pr0n it gets frustrating typing interacial asian beastiality orgy with only the onscreen keyboard

according to ....a friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

sierra117x wrote: »
    yeah but dont bother with it if your looking at pr0n it gets frustrating typing interacial asian beastiality orgy with only the onscreen keyboard

according to ....a friend

he'd have no bother typing that with no H in it. :rolleyes:

only has to open use they onscreen for H

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I've been quite enjoying s}{ammy's posts lately,at first I thought is was some secret code but it isn't appartenely...

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭OriginalTom

Tom, I have been trying to find the list of rules as per Decerto. Now I cannot find a list on their website, but they do indirectly link to the EU GB ruleset which they claim to have invented. This list is not as restrictive as your list as it allows Ex-mags on some guns and actually gives some choice on what perks people can use.

Are you sure that what you detailed is the rules that you will be playing with?

Yeh, on Gamebattles its called EU Variant because they ban the term 'Decerto' as its a rival competitive website. The rules for Decerto v4 Black Ops are located in the Black Ops thread, but those are the same rules as under EU Variant which are on Gamebattles.

Those rules are created by Decerto and v4 rules are exactly as I described.

http://www.decerto.net/v4/index.php?threads/decerto-v4-rules-feedback.39382/

That link is to the ruleset that is currently in place. In terms of the response to the individual who is responding to Ade's message, I have no desire to cause an argument or a split forum. I'm very grateful Ade has supported my post and if you want to see the sort of gameplay that Decerto involves then here is a link to a personal montage:

http://youtu.be/VH-NHnVy0Io

We're on every night from 7.30 in the evening, feel free to send a message to my GT: HvG Tom

We'll hop into a few competitive scrims to see if you enjoy it, can 'handle' the rules and play well with the rest of us. No pressure either guys, as Ade said, I'm simply looking for some strong players to complete the team.

fjsanchez wrote: »
    I guess that's because most people on here are in school or college. Maybe we could organize a GB team in the summer when people have more time? :)
    I try and stay away from gamebattles completely now, the amount of complainers and children on there is ridiculous. No-one ever gets beaten without an excuse, people dashboard and scream down the mic, that's where Decerto is better, because the only events are tournaments and every night is simply scrims which are fun and you obviously can't dispute a scrim, why would you even bother!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Yeh, on Gamebattles its called EU Variant because they ban the term 'Decerto' as its a rival competitive website. The rules for Decerto v4 Black Ops are located in the Black Ops thread, but those are the same rules as under EU Variant which are on Gamebattles.

That link is to the ruleset that is currently in place. In terms of the response to the individual who is responding to Ade's message, I have no desire to cause an argument or a split forum. I'm very grateful Ade has supported my post and if you want to see the sort of gameplay that Decerto involves then here is a link to a personal montage:

We're on every night from 7.30 in the evening, feel free to send a message to my GT: HvG Tom

We'll hop into a few competitive scrims to see if you enjoy it, can 'handle' the rules and play well with the rest of us. No pressure either guys, as Ade said, I'm simply looking for some strong players to complete the team.

Ah cool, thanks for the links. There is a tournament happening over here soon not sure if you seen it on here that uses those rules too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

fjsanchez wrote: »
    I guess that's because most people on here are in school or college. Maybe we could organize a GB team in the summer when people have more time? :)

It is the summer! :D

For college students anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I was wondering as your original post implied that a lot more perks were banned than seemed sensible. (Choice seemed very restrictive)

I will throw you a Friend Request in a bit if that is ok. When ye are on at 7.30, do ye play friendly private matches amount team mates, or are you actively competing? If the former I would not mind seeing how I fair at the competitive rule set if that is ok?

• Advertisement

I was wondering as your original post implied that a lot more perks were banned than seemed sensible. (Choice seemed very restrictive)

I will throw you a Friend Request in a bit if that is ok. When ye are on at 7.30, do ye play friendly private matches amount team mates, or are you actively competing? If the former I would not mind seeing how I fair at the competitive rule set if that is ok?
    Yeh, perks are very restrictive, you will only ever found Sleight of Hand, Lightweight, Ninja. Those are pretty much the set 3 perks, as the majority of the others are banned.

And yep, we'll play some competitive scrims against some other teams for a bit and there's no actual reward or issue of losing, we mainly do it to get down map strategies, routes and setups as well just getting familiar with flag runs.

But go ahead and send me a F/R, anyone at all who wants to at least give it a go is welcome to do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Its a shame you guys aren't on the PS3 ! Would have liked to play a bit of competitive blops to mix things up tbh.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Of course some of us would read this, we are all CoD players and this is the CoD forum.

Lose the condescending tone in your posts towards members of other clans El Loco or I will be forced to give you a one week ban.
    I am not being defensive at all, just dont like the way this forum is moderated and the way its not really open to other clans and it has a kinda click to it.

Me personally I wouldnt consider us the best HCCTF clan in the world. Infact 4 of us got our asses handed to us by a american clan with 6 last night. They spawn trapped the entire match with grenade launchers. Not complaining about the tactic, it was our problem for not being able to deal with it.

I have no problem addressing this in here, the dispute resolution forum or via PM. If it's the former, I'll address it and we can move this to PM. I DO NOT want to clog up this thread. I'll leave it up to you anyway.

But in short (and I will expand on those if you wish), my points have already been addressed by the other people here. Both from Xbox and PS3 side of things. There was not a hint of maliciousness in my comment about the IRL clan, you just want it to be quite clearly so you can have a go at me. I have zero, absolutely zero problem with your clan as a whole and wished you post here more often and in a mature manner.

Hindsight is just fantastic. I shouldn't have bothered offering a free invite of a scrim with Tom's clan if I knew I'd offend you. Tom didn't ask me to do this, I did it to offer genuine competitive gaming to all concerned. Finally, I'm sure you know bubbleking as asked me via PM for a match not too long ago.

Cruising on round 25 on Cotd until my mate }{ad to leave :mad:

Cruising on round 25 on Cotd until my mate }{ad to leave :mad:

I still remember a group of 4 of us dying very early possibly even on round 1 or 2 on this map.

yimrsg wrote: »
    I still remember a group of 4 of us dying very early possibly even on round 1 or 2 on this map.

Really like the map its alot more of a challenge than Kino or Asencion , no monkey bombs/thingy devices no traps along the way either, not to mention George.
    Teamwork is the key. Could possibly have gotten to 30 , we had 80,000 pts when we went kamikazi .

Really like the map its alot more of a challenge than Kino or Asencion , no monkey bombs/thingy devices no traps along the way either, not to mention George.
    Teamwork is the key. Could possibly have gotten to 30 , we had 80,000 pts when we went kamikazi .

Yeah it's really the best dlc treyarch have done. There are so many ways of playing so that each play through is fresh and challenging. It's easier on other maps to get insane amounts of points whilst in Cotd is definitley harder to build up a comfortable total.

My 1st time gettin 4 Blackbirds in 1 match... Sweet!! :pac:

Well done. I actually only started using blackbirds more often recently.

• Advertisement

The fact that there were only 3 in the party makes it even better :)

Advertisement